Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Friday 2021-05-14 aka Good Luck Ramster! (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=72248)

Greenguy 2021-05-14 07:06 AM

Friday 2021-05-14 aka Good Luck Ramster!

Morning! |sars|

Ramster & his lovely bride got into town yesterday, so the 4 of us along with Yell & his woman went for dinner at the bar we tend to hang out at. I did pick up the tab...using my Darkreach credit card|lol|

They'll be attempting to cross the border back into Canadia. They both have negative COVID tests, but there's also a |horse| involved |couch|

Just work today, but Yell wants to get his garage ready for us to do some drinking over the next 6 months, so I'll be heading over there after The Bitch gets off work to lend a hand |thumb

NHL Playoffs start TOMORROW! |hockey|

ArtWilliams 2021-05-14 08:02 AM

Morning. |coffee

According to Seinfeld, everyone needs a good loophole. As I am sure Ramster knows, if you fly into Canada you're required to quarantine for three days, at your own expense in a government approved hotel, but if you drive no quarantine. Loophole! Perfectly legit but odd that they've set it up this way.

Today is the third day I've been counting my calories and it's been Monday since I've had a drink as I try and lose some weight. My fitbit lets me eat enough providing I go out for a 30-45 minute walk so that's in the cards today. Other than that, it's the same old. I don't think I've got anything on the agenda other than a 30 minute Zoom meeting today.

Have a good one! |thumb

Ramster 2021-05-14 09:49 AM

Good morning |waves|

Had a great time last night with Greenguy and crew |thumb was nice "seeing people" again :D We're heading out soon, got negative Covid tests last night and should be home late afternoon. Have a good TGIF |loony|

Greenguy 2021-05-14 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtWilliams (Post 564207)
Today is the third day I've been counting my calories and it's been Monday since I've had a drink as I try and lose some weight. My fitbit lets me eat enough providing I go out for a 30-45 minute walk so that's in the cards today...

I'm up for a Weight Loss Contest |party2

Evil Chris 2021-05-14 11:15 AM

Happy Friday! I hope Ramster got over the border all right. Something tells me he'd rather be full time in the US and A, though. :)

My deck is fully sanded and stained now. I picked a nice mahogany colour. Looks great, and like new again. We will test it out with a BBQ later today.

Really looking forward to the playoffs. That Bruins/Caps match-up should be outstanding. I have to wait until Wednesday for the Leafs/Habs. Meanwhile, one last regular season game versus the Jets tonight.

Oh and I received my vinyl copy of "Meddle" yesterday from Amazon. So I'll probably have that playing in the background at some point today. Weather is great out there, enjoy!

JustRobert 2021-05-14 12:44 PM

Good Morning :)

Running late today due to some issues |banghead|

anyhoo, that's really all I got soooo

Enjoy your Friday!

ArtWilliams 2021-05-14 12:50 PM

So you want to be The Biggest Loser? Sure, I'm in!

I'm thinking one month duration, percentage of body weight lost starting tomorrow. We each upload a pic of scale once a week.

Any other fatties want to join in?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 564209)

Greenguy 2021-05-14 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtWilliams (Post 564214)
So you want to be The Biggest Loser? Sure, I'm in!

I'm thinking one month duration, percentage of body weight lost starting tomorrow. We each upload a pic of scale once a week.

Any other fatties want to join in?

Weigh in every Saturday & post a pic starting tomorrow. Whoever loses the higher % of their weight wins....what? $20/person? $50? $100?

Or you want me to start a thread about it so it's not lost in here & all 7 of our active posters see it? :D Maybe start on Monday?

ArtWilliams 2021-05-14 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 564215)
Weigh in every Saturday & post a pic starting tomorrow. Whoever loses the higher % of their weight wins....what? $20/person? $50? $100?

Or you want me to start a thread about it so it's not lost in here & all 7 of our active posters see it? :D Maybe start on Monday?

Let's start tomorrow with the final weigh in on June 12. $50 sounds good. Make that American dollars! A thread dedicated makes sense. Let the contest begin! -- and go to the drug store and buy some laxative.

Ramster 2021-05-15 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris (Post 564210)
Happy Friday! I hope Ramster got over the border all right. Something tells me he'd rather be full time in the US and A, though. :)

My deck is fully sanded and stained now. I picked a nice mahogany colour. Looks great, and like new again. We will test it out with a BBQ later today.

How's that deck looking?

We made it yes and yes, prefer to live where we're not in jail all the time |huh

Fonz 2021-05-16 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 564209)

Damn, that takes me back. I still have a trauma of seeing everybodies weird socks and toes :D

Greenguy 2021-05-16 10:10 AM

FONZ! |fonz|

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonz (Post 564233)
Damn, that takes me back. I still have a trauma of seeing everybodies weird socks and toes :D

Make sure to check in here on Saturdays because I already have a couple of ideas|lol|