Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Link Lists & Getting Listed (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Domain blacklisted. Why?!? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=43533)

mihai 2007-10-28 04:16 AM

Domain blacklisted. Why?!?

I just checked usefulscripts.com and noticed the following on my domain:
Type: Domain
Blocked Item: twat4u.com
Reason: exmasters

Now, my domain is hosted with exmasters indeed, but why in the world would someone ban me for this?

Simon 2007-10-28 07:27 AM

Hello mihai,

You may want to read this thread to catch up on things...

http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/...ight=exmasters

|bat|

mihai 2007-10-28 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 371229)
Hello mihai,
You may want to read this thread to catch up on things...

http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/...ight=exmasters
|bat|

Thanks for the input Simon... I already saw this thread...
After the first moments of stupefy after I saw my domain is blacklisted I actually searched the board fpr "exmasters" and found it...
An exmasters rep confirmed that exmasters is more than willing to cooperate in order to straight things up, that they do not support/tolerate in any way the kind of shit that brought the ban in the first place...
So are they still blacklisted as a host?

Greenguy 2007-10-28 08:58 AM

mihai - yes, they are still blacklisted. You might want to re-read that entire thread.

mihai 2007-10-28 09:13 AM

It seemed to me that HarmonyIsTheKey stated pretty clear that exmasters does not support shady practices in any way... Still they are banned...

But I'm not exmasters' advocate so the question is: Is there a way for ME to get MY domain out of the blacklist, without moving it to another host?

mihai 2007-10-30 09:08 PM

So, is there no way for ME to get MY domain out of the blacklist, without moving it to another host?

Bobc01 2007-10-30 10:22 PM

Personally, any host that allows questionable content whether it be past or present needs dragging out and beating like a ginger step child.

Shit sticks and so does a bad name, go with a reputable host and problem solved. |thumb

Beaver Bob 2007-10-31 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mihai (Post 371596)
So, is there no way for ME to get MY domain out of the blacklist, without moving it to another host?

looks that way.. why not just move? |huh theres several quality hosts.

makaveli 2007-10-31 03:52 AM

Chances are you submitted a doorway page and they got their panties in a knot. lol.

mihai 2007-11-01 10:15 AM

May I get an answer to my question, at least?

Greenguy 2007-11-01 10:18 AM

You did get an answer - you just keep asking & hoping that the answer will change.

I do not list sites hosted at exmasters.

mihai 2007-11-01 10:50 AM

Re:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 371787)
You did get an answer

No I didn't... The question was "Can I get my domain out of the blacklist without switching hosts?", and until now there were only two answers from people that are not link list owners

Quote:

you just keep asking & hoping that the answer will change.

I thought for a moment that maybe you will list some unique, hand made, hand submited sites hosted on a dedicated dual CPU sever with a 25 Mbps pipe that never went down in the past year, even if the hosting provider is exmasters...

Quote:

I do not list sites hosted at exmasters.

Thanks for the straight answer.
There are any other hosts that are blacklisted? As the only solution that I see is to get another domain and host it somewhere else...

stfuvt 2007-11-01 11:56 AM

try webair

Greenguy 2007-11-01 12:59 PM

I did answer you:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 371245)
mihai - yes, they are still blacklisted. You might want to re-read that entire thread.

Your host is blacklisted. Any domains on that host are blacklisted. I do not list sites that are on domains on that host.

mihai 2007-11-01 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 371818)
I did answer you:
Your host is blacklisted. Any domains on that host are blacklisted. I do not list sites that are on domains on that host.

I got it and I thanked for the straight answer.

Re-reading the other thread, I found these other hosts that are blacklisted too: hqhost, 3fn, est, advanced, sago. Are there are other hosts blacklisted too?

Are hostgator.com or velcom.com ok? - I already have accounts with these so I can use one of the domains hosted there for free sites if they are ok with you

Greenguy 2007-11-01 03:10 PM

I don't think there's any problem with those 2 (but I think if you do a search for hostgator you might find some major complaints)

mihai 2007-11-01 03:38 PM

I know of the people complaining of hostgator... they are just gready... they actually belive that they can get unlimited bandwidth for 13$/month... lol... Their complaints are kind of: "I burned less than 1/4 of my bandwidth (meaning about 200-400 Gb) yet they suspended my account... I think I lost the 4 bucks I paid for their service"
Hostgator's policy is to oversell and at the point where people start to get massive traffic to force their hand to upgrade to dedicated... (they have some fine print in the TOS whe variables like "CPU usage" and "allocated RAM" - that the user cannot check - are involved)...
But if you keep an eye on bandwidth, you're safe with them... I never burned more than 50Gb/month with free sites (at least not in the past 2 years) so if they are not blacklisted I'll give it a go as I just happen to have a couiple of unused domains on that account...

Thanks for your reply.

fresh 2007-11-01 04:52 PM

Thats what i say about hostgator aswell mihai, too bad you did not support me on NP lol when there were mini dramas about that

mihai 2007-11-01 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fresh (Post 371863)
Thats what i say about hostgator aswell mihai, too bad you did not support me on NP lol when there were mini dramas about that

I could not as the thread was topic was "Suggest a good host please" and the guy asking stated that he was already screwed by lela and some other host...

I would never suggest gator as a "good" host... As like I stated about they are overselling and oversellers are not good hosts... They are ok to use for low traffic projects and for some C-class IP-ing (as a third, fourth, fifth host) but not as a main host...