Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Thursday May 18th (aka RIP Chris Cornell) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=68556)

Greenguy 2017-05-18 08:51 AM

Thursday May 18th (aka RIP Chris Cornell)

Morning! |waves|

Woke up to see that Chris Cornell passed away |cry| For those that don't know who is is, he was the lead singer of Soundgarden, who was (and still is) a major influence on me. Glad I got to see them live a couple years ago.

I was getting into a funk before this....

jollyhumper 2017-05-18 09:00 AM

Hello!

Sad news indeed, just one year older than me. Scary shit.
Never got to see them :(

Since my arms are now plaster-free I have to finalize the move into this apartment. So it's lifting boxes and sorting the content today.

Have a great day!
J:)lly

Ramster 2017-05-18 09:55 AM

Good morning :) Yes indeed, sad news, he was still young.

Working all day as usual, nothing more there. Coffee is on

JustRobert 2017-05-18 11:01 AM

RIP Chris Cornell
Wow, Cornell is a year younger than I am.

Thou you did forgot to mention Roger Ailes died as well |couch|

Have some moving to do today and then errands so not much biz work getting done, I think. Plus I got two more cymbals yesterday (shipped) but need new cords, so I may make a run to the music store if time allows |rimshot|

Enjoy your day!

Pagan 2017-05-18 12:05 PM

I am still dealing with the mother of all colds, though starting to do better. This is a country with no Nyquil or other over the counter drugs for colds. If you want something for it, you have to visit the doctor and then get a prescription to take to the pharmacy. Most colds are not this bad, so I really don't protest too much. I know it is honestly much more healthy this way too. That doesn't stop me from wanting to curl up with a couple bottles of Nyquil!!

And yes, the kitchen was a disaster. I did get most of it cleaned up this morning but it still needs work. I am not pushing it today - not at all. Husband is also cooking again tonight (which means even more mess to clean up).

Yesterday was the first day in months that I did not update my network. I am going to try to get some stuff done including submits. We shall see how this goes. I think the cold is also in my fingers because they no longer know what keys to hit when!

Watching another excellent ice hockey game -- Finland vs the US. in the 3rd period with just over 11 minutes to go, Finland leads 2-0. Yes, this is the same team that got schooled by Canada.

Greenguy 2017-05-18 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 546759)
Woke up to see that Chris Cornell passed away |cry|

Turns out he committed suicide, which hurts me on so many levels :(

Useless 2017-05-18 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 546770)
Turns out he committed suicide, which hurts me on so many levels :(

Holy shit. I just read the news story. Fuck.