Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wednesday January 24th (aka Fucking Cable Company 😡) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=69209)

Greenguy 2018-01-24 05:02 AM

Wednesday January 24th (aka Fucking Cable Company 😡)

Morning! |waves|

It was windy Monday night & when we woke up, the cable line coming from the pole to my house got loose & was hanging about 5 feet above the driveway. So I call Spectrum (after spending 20 min trying to contact them via their website) and they say they'll send someone out, even asking if the backyard was accessible (no locked fences or dogs). A little before 2 I get a text that he's on his way. I left the house at 2:30 & he's not there & the line is still down. No biggie, he's running late. I get back about 3:45 & the line is still down. So I click the tracking link they sent me to see where he is & it says he was here at 1:58 & asked me to rate my service. Well, they're not gonna like the rating & message I left there |angry| So now I gotta call them again this morning because I doubt I'm on the schedule for today |banghead|

Enjoy all that? |pokefun|Skippy

I did get a decent amount of LOR crap done yesterday, as |bow| Ramster's fucking off in Vegas |angry| Chiro gave me some stretches to do for that joint in my back & wants me back on Friday. I also dropped $5.99 to watch Geostorm on PPV and all I can say is OOOF! |scared| Wait for it to come out on cable or Netflix/Amazon Prime.

Same shit today: Working now, picking up the ASSIL at 1:00, back home to work again...

Pagan 2018-01-24 08:39 AM

SNOW!!!! We had a nice dump of snow and now the wind is picking up. Not sure how long we will have power. Most of the outages are north and east of us. Still -- a real dump of snow and not just a dusting. It is also warmer -- back up close to freezing so the deep cold is over for a while.

Going to try to get some work done today, but we have to go into town so... you never know around here.

jollyhumper 2018-01-24 10:44 AM

Afternoon!

I've been sleeping most of the day. Didn't sleep to much last night.

I'm having some server-problems and It's a tedious job to fix it.
(WP apparently comes with a cron-thingy and it has started to take a toll on the resources. I have to manually disable it in wp-config files.
I'm also adding some security since I've noticed an increase in login-attempts and brute force attacks.)

The reason why I probably didn't sleep to well is because I'm attending my first AA meeting in an hour. It's a huge waste of energy to dread something that is absolutely harmless, but that is how I'm winded.|crazy|

THe snow is raining away here, Pagan :(

Have a great day, folks
J:)lly

Ramster 2018-01-24 11:55 AM

Good morning :)

In Vegas chilling and working before heading to the show to get my badge and start the day, oh joy lol. I did crash out last night before midnight to prepare for 4 days of AVN |thumb

JustRobert 2018-01-24 12:01 PM

Good Morning :)

It's chemo day and I got some biz stuff done already so I'm happy about that. Now to run a couple errands before heading to the infusion center.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

Useless 2018-01-24 12:20 PM

I smuggled drugs out of Mexico yesterday. |thumb

Okay, in actuality, I purchased the perfectly legal anti-depressant I have been on for 7 years or so. Then, at customs, they asked what I had, and they slid me over to the room with the big cage door while they determined if fucking Citalopram was an accepted pharmaceutical. It only took about 5 minutes, but it's still pretty silly. I was amused. I probably wouldn't have been, though, if I wasn't on Citalopram. |lol|

My idiot VPS was down all night and ServerHub's help system was down too, so that was special. They have a global network, yet they don't know when they're experiencing massive script errors on their helpdesk page. |banghead|

pc 2018-01-24 01:53 PM

Hello |waves|

It was raining here all day, heavy at times, which made soaking wet.
It's funny that when you working outside it's either rain, snow or windy and then when you working inside weather seems nicer |crazy|

I just placed last of mine 3 adult domains for sale at the zoo, I doubt that I'll be millionaire selling them, if they sell.|huh

Doing some php scripting then random movie on TV.

Have a nice one. |waves|