Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Search Engines (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Submitting Sites To SE's (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=36147)

Licker4U 2006-11-17 07:29 AM

Submitting Sites To SE's

Premium Sex Links has an option on the submit page that will submit your free site to several search engines. I usually uncheck this option and let the spiders find my sites on their own. Should I go ahead and let their script submit my sites to the engines, or continue the way I have in the past?

Maj. Stress 2006-11-17 10:23 AM

Licker4U,
I just let the spiders find my sites on their own. If you have everything linked up good there is not much of a reason to submit to them unless it's one of the smaller ones.

Your free sites should be found without a problem since most link lists get spidered regularly. :)

MrYum 2006-11-17 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maj. Stress (Post 312973)
Licker4U,
I just let the spiders find my sites on their own. If you have everything linked up good there is not much of a reason to submit to them unless it's one of the smaller ones.

Your free sites should be found without a problem since most link lists get spidered regularly. :)

That woulda been my answer too...so I'll just give the Major a |thumb

Licker4U 2006-11-17 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maj. Stress (Post 312973)
Licker4U,

That's what I've been doing, just wanted other opinions, thanks.

zigx 2006-11-17 04:09 PM

licker i have heard this is the best way... i have no proof to back that up but its just what i have heard...

if u have some pages that are being neglected though PM me and i will link to it for a few weeks just so google and the others see it...

zigx 2006-11-17 04:09 PM

i should mention if u want to take me up on that offer, PM me bc i will probably forget to recheck this thread lol

Licker4U 2006-11-17 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zigx (Post 313054)
licker i have heard this is the best way... i have no proof to back that up but its just what i have heard...

if u have some pages that are being neglected though PM me and i will link to it for a few weeks just so google and the others see it...

You will link to my pages from where? |huh

Fonz 2006-11-20 05:04 AM

I will put up a sign in my front yard with the URL of your site :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Licker4U 2006-11-20 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonz (Post 313458)
I will put up a sign in my front yard with the URL of your site :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Get a big sign, I have a lot of sites :D

Useless 2006-11-20 11:59 AM

Well, you submit to WW and it gets botted madly. WW links to your sites from four separate pages while a link is new, then drops down to three. Your partner page lists (I think) your 25 most recently accepted links. So each link will slowly slip off of that page as new links are added, but even then, WW continues to link to your sites from a category page and the link's individual "info" page. What I'm trying to say is, trust me - the bots are finding your sites. |boobies|

Licker4U 2006-11-20 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless Warrior (Post 313588)
trust me - the bots are finding your sites. |boobies|

WOOHOO! I think you're right. Number of pages on the new domain indexed in Google went up to 187, down to 107, now back up to 175. Yahoo and MSN continue to climb. |roses|