Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Monday 2022-08-01 aka August (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=73268)

Greenguy 2022-08-01 06:23 AM

Monday 2022-08-01 aka August

Morning! |waves|

Hospice is finally coming to set up my aunt today.

After that I need to get a scene ready & do a lot of month-end crap.

Ramster 2022-08-01 09:00 AM

Good morning |waves|

It's a holiday today in most of Canada, I forget what it's called lol but us Canadians like to get at least 1 long weekend every month of the summer before we're freezing our balls off again :D Working as usual then I foresee 59 cent wings later at our local watering hole washed down with a few |beers|

JustRobert 2022-08-01 11:07 AM

Good Morning :)

Last day with grandson and letting him sleep in a little bit as we only have an airplane museum to go to before he get picked up later today.

We have had a great time with a visit to the aquarium, a battleship, world war 2 exhibit, day at the beach where I actually just sat around for hours enjoying the views as the grandson and son played in the sand and surf plus a couple of movies. Grandson preferred DC League of Super-Pets while I preferred Minions: The Rise of Gru.

Before you think the old people were dragging him to places he doesn't want to go these were actually his choices. He plays a couple of WWII video games and is all wrapped up in the machinery. Like today, I offered driving go-karts (my choice) but he wants to see the P-51 Mustangs they have on display right now.

Anyhoo, got some things to get to before he wakes up.

Enjoy your Monday!

Evil Chris 2022-08-01 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramster (Post 568733)
Good morning |waves|

It's a holiday today in most of Canada, I forget what it's called lol but us Canadians like to get at least 1 long weekend every month of the summer before we're freezing our balls off again :D Working as usual then I foresee 59 cent wings later at our local watering hole washed down with a few |beers|

Emancipation Day.

But previously it was just called a "civic holiday" except for Quebec because they have June 24 (St Jean Baptiste day).

So for me, it's just another Monday. But it's gorgeous out there. Have a good one all.

Evil Chris 2022-08-01 12:07 PM

Oh, it's also Battle of the Nile day if you're at all interested in the history of the Royal Navy and Rear Admiral Horatio Nelson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Nile

Pagan 2022-08-01 02:25 PM

Father-in-law had some medical issues yesterday that slopped over to today. It's on hold right now because the doctors he needs to see are on vacation for 2 weeks with no cover or alternatives. It isn't life threatening, but irritating. We are just waking up after 2 very rough scary days. Naturally, I am behind everywhere. Better get back to it..

Greenguy 2022-08-01 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagan (Post 568738)
Father-in-law had some medical issues yesterday that slopped over to today. It's on hold right now because the doctors he needs to see are on vacation for 2 weeks with no cover or alternatives. It isn't life threatening, but irritating. We are just waking up after 2 very rough scary days. Naturally, I am behind everywhere. Better get back to it..

I'm with ya girl...

My aunt needs someone there 24/7 so it looks like I'll be working remotely & sleeping there from now on :(

hony 2022-08-02 12:04 AM

Aug for me is countdown to kids going back to school.

Looking for math game apps to get the phone-addicted son to do *some* math practice so he gets back to school remembering anything at all about how numbers work.

Pagan 2022-08-02 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 568740)
I'm with ya girl...

My aunt needs someone there 24/7 so it looks like I'll be working remotely & sleeping there from now on :(

Greenie, that is beyond sucking in so many ways. 24/7 care is extremely rough especially in a hospice situation. I know it may sound cold, but I hope her time in hospice care is brief and her passage peaceful. I know they will try to keep her comfortable. Holler if there is anything we can do for you - stupid cat jokes, etc.