Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Windows 10 Version 1903 Update FYI (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=70670)

Greenguy 2019-07-01 09:26 AM

Windows 10 Version 1903 Update FYI

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday Dell had to do some simple update, so after that I checked to see if Windows had anything to update since I had already rebooted once. It said I should install the Windows 10 Version 1903 update because Version 1803 will no longer be supported after Nov 2019. So around 8:00 AM I ran it.

As of 10:15 AM it was 70% or so installed, but it had not yet asked me to reboot.

At 12:45 PM it said it needed to reboot, so I did. After about 5 min, it was at 100% & then just rebooted again. This time, the % was crawling, so I went back to fucking off.

By 3:00 PM it had finished, so I logged in & checked for more updates & sure enough...so I downloaded & rebooted & fucked off for the rest of the day.

Here's what I've noticed so far that's fucked |facepalm|
* The size of all the Windows programs/apps have reset to their defaults (who the fuck uses their Calculator at 1200x930??)
* The view in all File Explorers has changed to Details
* It may have reset some defaults for opening files, as when I went to open a jpg, it asked me what program/app I wanted to use
* The Snipping Tool is apparently moving to Snip & Sketch, whatever the fuck that is, but based on the name & their commercials pushing that you can draw on your monitor, I'm sure it's got something to do with that useless feature 3% of their users use.

I'm 99.44% sure there's more, so feel free to add any useless/unnecessary changes you notice, because you've got 4 months to do it |facepalm|

Greenguy 2019-07-01 09:05 PM

* It re-enabled touchscreen that I had previously disabled via Device Manager

Greenguy 2019-07-02 02:00 PM

* Skype's running, icon on the task bar & I'm logged in - no notifications

JAI-LING 2019-07-04 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 556949)
* Skype's running, icon on the task bar & I'm logged in - no notifications

I hate that about 10. Everything you use often gets pinned to the task bar. Unless, you say, NO!

Greenguy 2019-07-10 07:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Currently taking bets on whether or not this will go smoothly |facepalm|

http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/...1&d=1562757727

Greenguy 2019-07-11 05:58 AM

The update appears to have gone smoothly and...

🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁

Skype notifications came back |thumb

Greenguy 2019-10-29 08:20 AM

I don't remember ever having this problem before, so I have to assume that one of these Windows 10 Version 1903 Updates did this latest |facepalm|

I have 500+ images in a folder & each has a model name, a 3-4 digit number & some other info in the file name. I'm looking for 3 models, so...

I search each girl's name: No items match your search

I search each girl's number: No items match your search

|huh

I scroll thru by hand & they're all in there |crazy|

I search a number that I'm looking at in the filename in the folder: No items match your search
|banghead|

I poke around the Search options, go into Advanced & look at the Indexed Locations & I shit you not, these are the only 2 folders that were being indexed:
Start Menu
Internet Explorer History

|facepalm|

I 1st indexed just the folder I was working in & Bingo! It finds the images I'm looking for. I then let it index everything (which took HOURS) & hopefully it won't revert to their Start Menu & unused browser in the future.

hony 2019-10-30 01:33 AM

Indexing is a pain. I can never find anything these days.

It doesn't help that I have files spread over many Google drives, Onedrive, C: and a creaking old XP machine that is the office file server...