Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wednesday August 16th (aka Guns N Roses) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=68794)

Greenguy 2017-08-16 08:11 AM

Wednesday August 16th (aka Guns N Roses)

Morning! |waves|

Well, today's the day that Guns N Roses comes to town |headbang| My step-daughter & the ASSIL got us tix for Christmas, so it'll be nice to finally use our 8 months old gift :D Live is opening & while I was never a huge fan of theirs, that album Throwing Copper had like 4 #1's so it'll be cool to hear those songs. GnR's setlist is basically every song they ever released before the break-up with a couple of Chinese Democracy songs thrown in, I assume so we can go get more beer |beers|

It'll be nice to tailgate for the 1st time in years. We're all going up to the stadium around 2 for a good 4 hours of drinking & eating before the show starts at 6 |thumb

Until then, it'll be a little work, followed by packing up the Buick for the concert |waves|

jollyhumper 2017-08-16 09:41 AM

|waves|

Had my second session with my shrink today and it turns out we have a lot of things in common. That's fun and promising.

I'm pretty good these days so I didn't remember to discuss meds with her, try to do that next time. As y'all know, being on a roller-coaster is just exhausting.

I had to take the day of yesterday, but I'll throw in a good amount of hours today.

Have fun at GnR concert. Not my band, but I'm sure it'll be good |thumb

J:)lly

Greenguy 2017-08-16 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyhumper (Post 547772)
Have fun at GnR concert. Not my band, but I'm sure it'll be good |thumb

You have to admit that Appetite for Destruction really is chock full of hits |headbang|

Pagan 2017-08-16 09:59 AM

Uh, yeah, and one of my favorite albums. Have a great time there, Greenie!! WE ARE MOVING!! We just got back from taking one small load over, and will be packing up another one here shortly. Tomorrow, the cat and I get dropped off while the Husband schleps furniture all day. Tomorrow night, we spend our first night in our house. YIPPEE!!!

jollyhumper 2017-08-16 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 547774)
You have to admit that Appetite for Destruction really is chock full of hits |headbang|

I can tell you why I have a problem with GnR.
Axl Rose voice and my ears are a seriously bad match.
I've heard GnR since they took off, since so many friends love them and plays them. I never ever got used to his voice.

Slash is one of my favorite guitar-players, I really feel |bow| when it comes to his playing. He's awesome.

So, that's why they're not my band.
It's kinda comparable to Black Metal. I love a lot of it.... until the vocals enter the scene with it's growling |loony||huh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagan (Post 547775)
Tomorrow night, we spend our first night in our house. YIPPEE!!!

|bananna||bananna||bananna||thumb|thumb|thumb

J:)lly

Greenguy 2017-08-16 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagan (Post 547775)
WE ARE MOVING!!

HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyhumper (Post 547776)
Axl Rose voice and my ears are a seriously bad match.

Oddly enough, I understand exactly what you mean lol

Useless 2017-08-16 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyhumper (Post 547772)
Had my second session with my shrink today and it turns out we have a lot of things in common. That's fun and promising.

I spent quite a bit of time in therapy, and I enjoyed it. Finally, someone would let me talk about me. :D There were days, though, that I found it completely exhausting. During the best session ever, my therapist said that with my personal history, the world is lucky that I am as well-adjusted as I am. As messed up as that is, I take great pride in it. |thumb

Anywho... it's another day of working on the camper, trying not to think about money, and continuing to move forward. Booyakasha!