Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Back To School Tuesday 2018.09.04 (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=69872)

ArtWilliams 2018-09-04 08:04 AM

Back To School Tuesday 2018.09.04

Good morning. |coffee

In Canada, this is the day that kids go back to school.

Well, I was going to do a bunch of mainstream work today but it appears that I will be dealing with the severe anxiety issues of my daughter. Almost 24 years old and she's a mess. Banking is also on the list because a bunch of bills have to be paid and there is no money in my chequing account.

Hope everyone had a nice LaboUr Day!

Have a great day! |thumb

Greenguy 2018-09-04 08:07 AM

Tuesday September 4th (aka Hello Fall!)

Morning! |waves|

Labor Day is the official end of summer, right?

I hurt :( We got thru everything in the garage yesterday. Threw out a lot of stuff & moved some of it into the house. You can actually walk around out there which is odd.

Going to do some work now, but other than my chiro appt this afternoon, I'll be resting.

Pagan 2018-09-04 08:42 AM

Kids here in Finland have been back in school for 3 weeks now almost everywhere. I think some schools started a week later. They will soon have their first break for a week I think next month already.

Nothing much new here. Same daily routine in fact. My grunt work is done for the moment, so I have a day to catch up and build galleries.. better get to it!

Toby 2018-09-04 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 553224)
Labor Day is the official end of summer, right?

End of Summer? |lol||lol||lol|

We have two seasons here, Summer and Not Summer. You know it's Not Summer when you turn on the cold water and it's actually cold.

Ramster 2018-09-04 10:44 AM

LOL at Toby :D

Good morning and yes back to school in Canada for most even though the US and other parts of the world start in August. Work for me all morning since I got up at 6:30 but I am going golfing today, yah me! So I'm outta here at noon |golf

Greenguy 2018-09-04 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramster (Post 553228)
Good morning and yes back to school in Canada for most even though the US and other parts of the world start in August.

Actually Yell's grandson & out neighbor's girl went back today. I don't know about the rest of the US, but it's always been a day or 2 after Labor Day around here.

Toby 2018-09-04 03:59 PM

Most districts in TX started on Aug 27. A few start a week earlier so they can take a longer xmess break.

jollyhumper 2018-09-05 07:58 AM

G'day |dog

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagan (Post 553226)
Kids here in Finland have been back in school for 3 weeks now almost everywhere.

Same here in Norway.

I just finished the second cataracts operation.
I can, through small holes in the plastic covering my eye ascertain that I see way better now.

Hopefully this round of 'get in the way of work' stuff is over and that I'm back for full in a day or two.

Wish you all a great day
J:)lly

Pagan 2018-09-05 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 553227)
End of Summer? |lol||lol||lol|

We have two seasons here, Summer and Not Summer. You know it's Not Summer when you turn on the cold water and it's actually cold.

You got that right. And you can have both seasons in the same day. Gotta love Texas!!!!