Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Thursday 2023-02-02 aka Rubber Soul (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=73666)

Greenguy 2023-02-02 08:31 AM

Thursday 2023-02-02 aka Rubber Soul

Morning! |waves|

♫♪ Rubber Soul is on in the background ♪♫

Yesterday was decent as far as my mood, but I did take 2-3 naps. 'm seeing my primary next week, so I'm making a list of all my ailments :D

I've got a ton of work to do...

ArtWilliams 2023-02-02 08:58 AM

Morning. |coffee

Nothing unusual on the agenda today. Just my Thursday lunch out plus working at my desk.

Guess I'll put on some music too.

Have a good one! |thumb

Ramster 2023-02-02 09:22 AM

Good morning |waves|

Slept in a bit until 6:30, after laying there contemplating my day :D I finally got up at 7 and started my day. Work planned all day. Maybe an after work beer, maybe not, we shall see |loony|

JustRobert 2023-02-02 09:55 AM

Good Morning :)

Same old stuff going on here with lingering symptoms, mostly congestion, so just relaxing while doing grunt work and watching netflix after closing out last month.

Enjoy your Thursday!

MeatPounder 2023-02-02 10:34 AM

Speaking about Rubber Soul

Evil Chris 2023-02-02 11:32 AM

I have owned a vinyl copy of Rubber Soul since the mid-80s. It's probably my favorite Beatles album. Mom had a copy when I was little and I remember it playing a lot back then.

Today is Thursday. Have a good day.

JAI-LING 2023-02-02 11:17 PM

Rubber Soul is a great album. What do you guys think of their next one?

Before he died, Crosby did an interview where he retold the story of hearing "A Day in the Life" at Abby Road. Anyone read it? He said his brains spilled out on the studio floor.

Have a great Thursday

Pagan 2023-02-03 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris (Post 570216)
I have owned a vinyl copy of Rubber Soul since the mid-80s. It's probably my favorite Beatles album. Mom had a copy when I was little and I remember it playing a lot back then.

Today is Thursday. Have a good day.

Now I feel like an antique. I was in high school when it came out and of course we all had to have it. I wore out at least 2 copies before I graduated. It was also one of the first CDs I bought. One of my friends adopted the name Michelle as her nickname and still uses it today -- over 50 years later. Did it have an impact on us? Yep. You betcha.

Greenguy 2023-02-03 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAI-LING (Post 570217)
Rubber Soul is a great album. What do you guys think of their next one?

I just noticed they released a Super Deluxe version of Revolver that's basically 4-1/2 albums long with alternate takes & backing tracks. I fcking LOVE IT! |thumb

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAI-LING (Post 570217)
Before he died, Crosby did an interview where he retold the story of hearing "A Day in the Life" at Abby Road. Anyone read it? He said his brains spilled out on the studio floor.

Was it in that rockumentary about his life?

jollyhumper 2023-02-03 08:59 AM

Aaah, Rubber Soul & The Beatles :) |JollyHumper|
The album is fuckin' brilliant, only surpassed by Revolver (which is their peak moment, IMO).

I have to put on the Beatles now ...

J:)lly

Greenguy 2023-02-03 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyhumper (Post 570224)
The album is fuckin' brilliant, only surpassed by Revolver (which is their peak moment, IMO).

Nah. Abbey Road is the 2nd greatest album of all time (Physical Graffiti by Led Zeppelin being #1)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyhumper (Post 570224)
I have to put on the Beatles now ...

YES! |banana|

JAI-LING 2023-02-03 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 570222)
I just noticed they released a Super Deluxe version of Revolver that's basically 4-1/2 albums long with alternate takes & backing tracks. I fcking LOVE IT! |thumb

Was it in that rockumentary about his life?

I MUST HAVE THAT ALBUM(S)!!!!! I had it on repeat for such a long time. Thank you, 8 tracks.

It was an interview for RS. Could very well be in the doc. He said they brought him into the studio. Set up two huge speaker columns and put him in the middle. Then blasted. He admitted to being as high as a kite. But saw their jump from one record to this one as extraordinary.

Greenguy 2023-02-04 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAI-LING (Post 570234)
I MUST HAVE THAT ALBUM(S)!!!!!

It's on sale on Amazon :D

jollyhumper 2023-02-04 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 570231)
Nah. Abbey Road is the 2nd greatest album of all time (Physical Graffiti by Led Zeppelin being #1)

I wasn't claiming them to be the best albums ever, the answer to that is always Demon Box. |loony|
(Ok, I know that probably ain't true, but you know me on that one.)

Abbey Road is extremely good though. |thumb
I Want You (She's So Heavy) blew me away at the age of 10-12.
What they're doing there is one of many explanations for how I've become what I do, music-wise.

|JollyHumper|