Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wednesday October 18th (aka Gosh Darn Distractions!) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=68960)

Greenguy 2017-10-18 06:58 AM

Wednesday October 18th (aka Gosh Darn Distractions!)

Morning! |waves|

I'm sure we've all experienced this: How come when you work at home, people assume you can just stop what you're doing & take care of their problem at the drop of a hat? If I called The Bitch at work & asked her to help me find her backpack, she'd fucking kill me! But if I'm up here working & she can't find it.....

Yesterday I worked on my shit til Noon, then had to go pick up the ASSIL who got stuck working a little OT, back home to work for an hour before my chiro appt, then she was behind about 30 min, and back home to finally concentrate on some grunt work for a couple hours.

Today is going to mirror yesterday: Working on my shit now, then I have to pick up the ASSIL at 9 & run him downtown for a check-in that always takes at least an hour, then back home to work until I have to take my mom to her doctor appt at 3 - and her doctor is ALWAYS running about 60-90 minutes behind, then home to finally concentrate on grunt work for a couple hours.

And people wonder how come the business isn't making more money |banghead|

OK I'm done venting :D

Red Metal 2017-10-18 07:45 AM

Working at home/for yourself doesn't count...
Drives me nuts too |banghead|

jollyhumper 2017-10-18 09:09 AM

Afternoon |waves|

Feeling rested and mood is also pretty good. So I guess this down-thing is over, for now. Been cleaning out my fridge and freezer, washing clothes and in general doing some necessary tasks.
Beautiful Autumn day, so we had a loong walk including a lengthy bath for her. Man I wish I could be that happy, all the time |bananna|

Now I'm going to continue to get back on track in my office.

Need music to listen to, so any suggestions are welcome

Have a *J:)lly* good day!

Greenguy 2017-10-18 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyhumper (Post 548449)
Need music to listen to, so any suggestions are welcome

Go old school: Abbey Road |thumb

JustRobert 2017-10-18 12:49 PM

Good Morning :)

Group went well last night and we meet with the surgeon this afternoon. Before and after this it will be work and house cleaning.

Maybe watch a movie later and I'll finish the series Norsemen on netflix with Mexican food and cupcakes. The series is kinda bad and then kinda funny at the same time and it's only 6 half hour episodes and I got 2 left.

Have a good Wednesday!

Greenguy 2017-10-18 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 548454)
Maybe watch a movie later....

The new Spider Man is on PPV |thumb

ArtWilliams 2017-10-18 02:39 PM

Afternoon.

Unlike Greenie, I am not full of suggestions or much else. Just trying to get some mainstream stuff done before heading on to adult tonight.

Have a good one! |thumb

Pagan 2017-10-19 03:35 AM

We had our first frost last night!!!! We might get our first dusting of snow later.

Husband has his car in for servicing near his parent's place. I *thought* I was going to get a quiet morning to work. SURPRISE!!! He and his dad are here "working". Sigh. There goes my distraction free morning. It was get up at 6am, race around the house picking it it, cleaning the kitchen, getting dressed... sigh. It's now 10:30 and I have barely touched any work in over 4 hours.

Oh, well, it will get there at some point. Just trying to stay sane. Hope all continues to go well JR.