Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Stoopid F'ing TGPX 🤬 (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=69287)

Greenguy 2018-02-17 05:08 AM

Stoopid F'ing TGPX 🤬

If anything I did actually worked the way it's supposed to, I'd have a lot more free time |angry|

Chubby Links is set up to add 10 new galleries every day. Here's a screencap of what was scheduled for today:
http://www.chubbylinks.com/thumb.jpg

...and here's a screencap of what was displayed:
http://www.chubbylinks.com/capture.png

So, the 1st 5 in the admin (in white) didn't show up today, even though they are scheduled for 02-17-2018 12:00am just like the 5 (in blue) that did show up |banghead|

These were all imported thru the Import From File option. Any ideas why those 5 didn't show up?? |banghead|

Pagan 2018-02-17 07:59 AM

Your guess is as good as mine. TGPx is a cruel, tempermental mistress at times. I would suggest that with as active as both you and JR have been that you reindex your database (Tools, then that funny icon thingy). I had issues with mine this last few days. Some of it is a RAM issue at the server (being upgraded in the am). BUT, if you have myPhpAdmin access (server control panel), you can actually go to the database and do a rebuild. It's better than the TGPx one and it fixed my problem right away.

Greenguy 2018-02-17 09:34 AM

I'll do that now :)

There's never been any problems if we enter them by hand, but with the import thing, it's spotty.

I have a theory that, if I search for all galleries scheduled for tomorrow, select all, click the date, click the day on the calendar popup, then Save All, this might fix the problem.

I guess we'll know tomorrow :)

Toby 2018-02-17 10:31 AM

Note the thumb image dimensions. The first five show -x-, where the last five show 180x180. If your template specifies thumb size, that's why they didn't show up.

Now the question becomes, why those first five aren't also 180x180? Check your import file to see if there is anything noticeably different.

pc 2018-02-17 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagan (Post 550112)

BUT, if you have myPhpAdmin access (server control panel), you can actually go to the database and do a rebuild. It's better than the TGPx one and it fixed my problem right away.

Both phpmyadmin and tgpx optimise db are calling exactly the same thing. There is no difference.

Greenguy 2018-02-17 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 550117)
Note the thumb image dimensions. The first five show -x-, where the last five show 180x180. If your template specifies thumb size, that's why they didn't show up.

Now the question becomes, why those first five aren't also 180x180? Check your import file to see if there is anything noticeably different.

Well fuck me! The reason they are like that is because I had to export 500+ galleries, make some mass changes, and then re-import them, but I didn't want to make 500+ new thumbs, so I put the old galleries in the Disabled status & just used their thumb URL on the import.

New problem is that I don't see a way to mass edit these :(

Looks like I'll export them all again, add the thumb dimensions & try that (probably quicker than editing the templates on 250+ pages)

Greenguy 2018-02-17 12:37 PM

Oops...THANK YOU TOBY!! |smooch|

Greenguy 2018-02-17 02:29 PM

Got them all back in there with thumbnail sizes |thumb

It took a little extra time because dummy forgot to export the scheduled date before deleting them from the database |banghead|

Greenguy 2018-02-17 02:44 PM

Toby - I owe you a HUGE debt of gratitude. For months now, JR & I (and Pagan) have been |banghead| as to why some shit we (I) import doesn't show up. You have no clue how |banana||bananna||banana||bananna||banana| I am right now!!

Toby 2018-02-17 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 550124)
Toby - I owe you a HUGE debt of gratitude. For months now, JR & I (and Pagan) have been |banghead| as to why some shit we (I) import doesn't show up. You have no clue how |banana||bananna||banana||bananna||banana| I am right now!!

YW. I've been using TGPX since it's introduction in 2007, so I've run across more than a few issues at one time or another.

ArtWilliams 2018-02-18 10:21 AM

I see the unofficial JMB support board is gone. Any thought to adding a forum here? Lots of people use it.

Greenguy 2018-02-18 11:32 AM

Like I want more than 10 people here|lol|

Pagan 2018-02-18 05:54 PM

PC, that is odd because I normally only use the rebuild on the tools. This time, it did not work. Both times I have had to go to MyPhpAdmin, the build table thing there has worked where the function within TGPx has not. Maybe it was just running it that extra time that cleared the issue. I do know they just did a RAM upgrade on the server that I use, so that may also have been a part of it.

Greenie... that would have never occurred to me as I manually cut every thumbnail. But yes.. that does make perfect sense. If you have specified an image size and it can't find one with it, it does nothing. On the other hand, if you were lazy like I was and told it you would take any preview, you will get whatever size it finds.

bluebrit 2018-02-19 10:39 AM

Hello people :)

I am out of the loop and considering a return but I've a basic question before I commit to a single program.

How secure is TGPX now?

Plus I have a few ideas to peak peoples interest :D

Greenguy 2018-02-19 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebrit (Post 550159)
How secure is TGPX now?

More secure than Link Admin|lol|
(seriously, it's fine)

bluebrit 2018-02-19 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 550161)
More secure than Link Admin|lol|
(seriously, it's fine)

What isn't |lol|

pc 2018-02-21 09:56 AM

Pagan. I will take a look at it once I'm back from Poland.

pc 2018-02-21 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebrit (Post 550159)
Hello people :)

I am out of the loop and considering a return but I've a basic question before I commit to a single program.

How secure is TGPX now?

Plus I have a few ideas to peak peoples interest :D

As long you don't use search input it's fine.

Without mysqli or pdo nor any prepared statements the search form it is very vulnerable.