Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Happy Monday Morning (Back to Work) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=18238)

Jim 2005-04-04 06:16 AM

Happy Monday Morning (Back to Work)

Good Morning
Still more rain this morning. I keep hearing on my new scanner that basements, creeks and rivers are flooding. I would imagine my other house has at least 4 or 5 feet of water in the basement. I guess I need to take a look today :)

I should be around all day.

Useless 2005-04-04 07:59 AM

Let it rain...let it rain...let it rain!

Good morning, and what a fine morning it is. Almost missed this thread because it was getting pushed down by people who don't want to say 'good morning'.

I shall be here all day trying find places to hide all of my desktop icons and all the extra shit that I downloaded, but don't remember why.

swedguy 2005-04-04 08:01 AM

Morning :)

That's some crazy raining. We got nothing but sunshine here.
Need to work, but want to go kayaking - tough choice!

ClickBuster 2005-04-04 08:03 AM

Morning!

I was on a 3 day vacation to Sofia. It was nice, I get to saw old friends, smoke some good pot, have some pleasant conversation and I had free Internet, because of an unsecure wireless network that was near the place I was :) (I just called the firm's techie and told him to secure the wireless :)) Now it's free sites time, I need to push at least 2 today :)

Good luck everybody and have a great week!

-- Andrew

Cleo 2005-04-04 08:11 AM

Fuck it's morning already. :)
Another cold one here with the temp only 56°F(13°F) but it should get close to the eighties.

Besides web work I need to go over to Angel's and help turn the dungeon back into a jail cell for the shoot this weekend. Other then that I'm trying to take advantage of the last of the cool days to work on removing the decking from my backyard. I got a bunch more torn out yesterday, damn it's a lot of work.

Espresso is on…

Greenguy 2005-04-04 08:31 AM

Good Monday Peoples!

|buddy| says: Make fun of the Pope & I shall make it rain & snow!

We got 6-8 inches of snow yesterday - the really wet & heavy kind that it a nightmare to shovel (even the guy that plows my driveway had trouble pushing it)

Trees are down all over the place - I have a couple of big trees hunched over from the weight & a lot of broken branches laying around.

MML was over watching the race yesterday when the power went out, so we missed the end of it :( We have a generator, so we had some power, but cable was out, so we had to hook up the old rabbit ears to one of the TV's so we could watch The Contender & Desperate Housewives. Power came back on around 10, so we watched The L Word & then went to bed. Of course, this means that I fucking missed Deadwood & due to other shows that need to be recorded, we won;t be able to see it until Wednesday at 11 PM.

Of course, the bright part of my day was looking up & down the street & seeing no lights while my house had lights on all over the place & TV's blaring away :D

Cleo 2005-04-04 08:39 AM

Sounds like you need satellite. DirecTV puts Comcast cable to shame, not sure about whatever cable you have up there in winter wonderland.

Trees falling over suck, especially if they fall through your roof.

Greenguy 2005-04-04 08:46 AM

Ohhhhh - don't get me started on satellite TV - I've wanted to get it for about a year now, but The Bitch is set in her ways with her TiVo and has problems adjusting to new things & technology - she's one of those people that still can't set the clock on the VCR :D

MrMaryLou 2005-04-04 08:57 AM

Good Morning All :) Nothing like a ton of snow to get ya going in the morning :) Got Snow Men We Do :)

Cleo 2005-04-04 08:57 AM

The TiVo from DirecTV has two turners in it so that you can record one show while watching an other or record two shows at once.

I have basic cable in addition to DirecTV since I got that for $1 more then just paying for my cable modem. I can switch back and forth with the remote. It's good to have in case we get a really bad storm and it blocks the signal. I have the round dish but my neighbor has the oval dish and he says that one works even in a severe storm. Then again he has DirecTV, Dish Network, Comcast cable, and Voom satellite . Funny thing is I still often can't find anything to watch when I'm over his place. lol

Verbal 2005-04-04 11:11 AM

G'morning. Nothing much happening today, just having some people over later to watch the Fighting Illini (my Alma Mater) try to win a championship after 100 years. I don't normally get into sports, but I figured I'd give this one a watch. :)

Yell 2005-04-04 11:31 AM

Top of the morning to you all :)

Spring and the kids get a snow day what the f@%k. |banghead|

Satellite is nice till you get a bad storm or snow and depending where you put it for when you do have to clean it off like mine that is at the highest point of my house and when it was for free. :D

RawAlex 2005-04-04 11:36 AM

Happy monday to you.

Now get back to work.

:)

Alex

cd34 2005-04-04 11:37 AM

they do sell covers for satellite dishes that are like a cloth tent to prevent snow buildup

something like:
http://www.electronicsoutfitter.com/...dtv+asl--.html

Well, in 24 minutes I get to receive the phone call that I am expecting, which certainly isn't the call I want to receive, but, its only 7 more days.

tiny 2005-04-04 12:00 PM

Rain showers snow showers....and its monday I hate rainy mondays.amd i forgot that saturday night was spring forward the clock now i'm really screwed haha.

dareutwo 2005-04-04 12:28 PM

Afternoon, morning - damn this DST.
Kids got up late, I got up late.
Should hit 60+ here today. Got the front yard racked and the summer clothes for the kids out yesterday.
It's brown as hell around here, we need like an inch or two of rain to start to green things up.

GG - Kevin Harvik.. :D

A couple server issues to try and figure out and ordering DirectTV today.
Had it for 5+ years in the country so I know about the storm issues, this cable company just sucks.

Greenguy 2005-04-04 02:44 PM

Cleo - is that the High Def TiVo & if so, how much did it cost?

Cleo 2005-04-04 03:04 PM

I'm just on regular DirecTV. I'm paying $80 a month for 3 receivers counting the TiVo one, HBO, local channels plus, (has more science channels and stuff), and TiVi service.

I know HD is offered but since all I own is three TVs that all are 6+ years old and given to me because someone wanted something better DirecTV HD would be kind of a waste for me right now.

One of these days I'm going to get a HD TV…

But when I do DirecTV's website is where I'll go to see what is offered. :D
http://www.directv.com/

Check out their specials. I've pretty much gotten all my equipment including getting it installed for the price of signing a one year contract. Once to get to receivers and once to get another drop put in with a TiVo. I'm very happy with DirecTV. Lately I'm been buying the PPV movies a lot. They automatically get saved on the TiVo so it's just like renting a DVD without a return hassle. It's nice, one click, done.

Osiris 2005-04-04 03:20 PM

Good day! :)

digifan 2005-04-04 03:41 PM

Good day :)

Jim, I hope you can have this water problem fixed fast... even if it is expensive I am sure. :(

digifan 2005-04-04 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy
Ohhhhh - don't get me started on satellite TV - I've wanted to get it for about a year now, but The Bitch is set in her ways with her TiVo and has problems adjusting to new things & technology - she's one of those people that still can't set the clock on the VCR :D

It is good to know that I am not alone :D

Fonz 2005-04-04 04:53 PM

Good evening all,

10.55 pm here.. The Shield starts in an hour so I have another 60 minutes to pretend I'm actually doing useful stuff.

cd34 2005-04-04 04:58 PM

4:55 pm, finally get the return call I am waiting for. Not quite the answer I had hoped for, but, at least things are on the right track again.

Cleo 2005-04-04 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd34
4:55 pm, finally get the return call I am waiting for. Not quite the answer I had hoped for, but, at least things are on the right track again.

Cryptic yet intriguing while clueless to the meaning

cd34 2005-04-04 05:21 PM

Coordinating multiple vendors towards one common goal is problematic at best. Its something I used to be quite good at, however, when you have multiple vendors that are waiting on one piece of paper from another vendor, and that lady says that she doesn't know how the paperwork ended up back on her desk, you call the VP. The 31st is a bad day, end of month and all. The first must have been a holiday, but, he did call me and say he would call back at noon today.

The answer was sort of: while we cannot fix what went wrong, we can absitively, posilutely guarantee that we will not miss the deadline I have just set....... and how about the fact that your call was 5 hours late? haha. sorry, getting a bit punchy dealing with stuff.

Once this process is over, I might take an hour off to gather my thoughts before getting back to the grind.