Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   PimpRoll Emails (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=57749)

Useless 2010-06-03 09:08 AM

PimpRoll Emails

I assume I am not the only one. Why do I receive two of every promotional email sent by PimpRoll, one with the correct affiliate ID, and a second with someone else's affiliate ID in all of the URLs?

I really like this company, but it seems as if they are attempting to trick the drowsy webmaster into listing the incorrect links. But I am a pessimist, so maybe I'm wrong.

(Yes, I did put this in the link list forum first. I am one of those drowsy webmasters I am talking about.)

Cleo 2010-06-03 09:21 AM

I thought it was because they merged with whatever the name of that other sponsor was.

Useless 2010-06-03 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleo (Post 483145)
I thought it was because they merged with whatever the name of that other sponsor was.

That could be. I have no idea.

LeRoy 2010-06-03 11:43 AM

Yah I think its Massive Dollars.

You can contact them to merge the payments but not the accounts.

stuveltje 2010-06-03 11:57 AM

i have got multiply (oh dont know how to write that...bite me) emails from them today....and havent got emails from them for a long time..so i was surprised i got them today...because 2 days ago i found out i use them on some of my domains.......i gave it a quick look and deleted them....not worth to check in further...i only wonder ....do they see i have check those domains?...because for real i havent receive an email from them in a year...and now i have checked them and i get emails

HC-Majick 2010-06-03 05:45 PM

yep, It's because of the other program(s) that they merged with or aquired.... I asked them about a month or so ago if they could merge them or something, and I believe they just ended up changing the email address on the merged accounts to a ficticious one...

pc 2010-06-03 08:33 PM

I think it started since they merge with Adult Elite.

tickler 2010-06-03 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pc (Post 483220)
I think it started since they merge with Adult Elite.

I ended up with multiple accounts when they started running AVP & other sites from ARS.

Plus AdultElite accounts, plus MassiveDollar accounts.

bDok 2010-06-04 12:33 AM

Once I get a second I so need to even figure out what my account from massive dollars was. I have a bunch of sites out there before I started making it so I could easily change my link codes across my network. Argh. I should join my $ for the accounts at least too.

ugh. More work.

bluebrit 2010-06-04 08:44 AM

I'm with UW on this and I was wondering what the heck was going on. Now you have all explained the error of their ways in sending out two emails, I'm wondering how many links I have put up that came first from one account and then the other without my noticing. Time to do a little db checking and to unsubscribe from one of the emails.

Greenguy 2010-06-05 11:27 AM

I think I get 5 of them :D