Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wednesday January 16th (aka The Gov't Shutdown Is Affecting Me!) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=70260)

Greenguy 2019-01-16 08:36 AM

Wednesday January 16th (aka The Gov't Shutdown Is Affecting Me!)

Morning! |waves|

1099's have to go out in 2 weeks. About 5 weeks ago I requested my free forms from the IRS. I have a sneaky feeling they won't be here anytime soon |angry|

BTW: Does anyone know of cheap or even free|lol| 1099 software?

More work for me today. Yesterday I got LOR ready thru next Tuesday & CL is ready thru the weekend I think. I have what see seems to be endless work for |bow| Ramster, so I best get cracking |escape|

Useless 2019-01-16 08:56 AM

I woke up with a headache. Naturally, I blame you.

I have been thinking about aging and the toll it has taken on my face. This has led me to the concept of one being in his/her prime. I can't recall ever being in my prime. Even when I look back, there isn't an age or time when I was at my peak. I am definitely not improving in any manner, which means I am worsening. But worsening from what? Mediocrity. What happens when mediocrity is eroded by the winds of time?

I wish I had it in me to drink or do drugs.

JustRobert 2019-01-16 09:58 AM

Good Morning :)

We still have rain sooo I will be staying inside the house working on the endless list of piddly to do biz crap that has piled up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless Warrior (Post 555095)
I have been thinking about aging and the toll it has taken on my face.

Sometimes I look in the mirror and wonder when I got run over by a truck. Then I take a moment to stare directly back into my eyes to catch a glimpse of my former self and try to hold onto that the rest of the day.

Anyhoo, better get back to the grind soooo Enjoy your Wednesday!

ArtWilliams 2019-01-16 10:13 AM

Morning. |coffee

Doing some billing of domains and hosting for mainstream clients today. Fixing a couple of small issues with websites. Tonight, I'm working pro bono for a charity's website. I guess I might watch basketball as I do that. My life is boring.

Quote:

I have been thinking about aging and the toll it has taken on my face. This has led me to the concept of one being in his/her prime. I can't recall ever being in my prime. Even when I look back, there isn't an age or time when I was at my peak.

Mine would have been my early 30s -- just finished my professional designation, rising at work and no kids -- but I try not to dwell on it. I only wish my head would stop ringing. Getting rid of my tinnitus would make me content.

Have a good one! |thumb

Toby 2019-01-16 10:44 AM

Quote:

This has led me to the concept of one being in his/her prime. I can't recall ever being in my prime. Even when I look back, there isn't an age or time when I was at my peak.

I'd have to say in my late teens. It's been down hill physically since I got to college.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 555097)
Sometimes I look in the mirror and wonder when I got run over by a truck.

I know that truck, only this one stops and backs up. |scared|

Got a Dr. appt this afternoon, will be training a new Dr. A change in insurance on Jan.1, so a completely new provider list. Plus we moved last may about 25 miles further away from prior Dr., which was already a 25-30 minute drive. This one is only about a mile away, so hopefully he's also decent and not just convenient. I have some medical issues, kidneys and diabetes being the top two, that do need better attention.

jollyhumper 2019-01-16 11:32 AM

G'evening |bow|

Last busy day for a while, this coming weekend I'm going to spend on gaming and movies, with my grandson. |banana|

Tomorrow is going to be a do-nothing day, except for some catching up biz-wise and testing some of my new guitar equipment. (E-bow and a midi-controller, if someone is into it)

Now it's AA. But I guess I'll survive

J:)lly

Useless 2019-01-16 02:22 PM

I got all excited because my "pothole site" (|greenguy|) sent me a notification that a second client had registered. I quickly discovered that it was some filthy Russian cocksucker using a yandex.com email address.