Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tuesday 2024-04-02 aka Tuesday (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=74591)

Greenguy 2024-04-02 07:16 AM

Tuesday 2024-04-02 aka Tuesday

Morning! |waves|

I've got 2 virtual doctor appts this morning: 1 with a sleep doctor & then my usual |loony| appt.

The pile of work I have in front of me is very high...

Ramster 2024-04-02 09:45 AM

Good morning |waves|

Up doing a bit of work but I have to head to the airport shortly to fly to Halifax and deal with my Mom's estate stuff. Have a good one |escape|

JustRobert 2024-04-02 10:12 AM

Good Morning :)

Ramster, have a safe trip!

Need to start taxes but I'm feeling off today. Feel a nap coming soon.

Besides that crap it's a usual day.

Enjoy your Tuesday!

Pagan 2024-04-02 03:31 PM

We had a school shooting today. I know it is nothing unusual in the US, but in Finland, it is extremely rare. In this one a 12 year old took a gun belonging to a "close relative" and killed one, seriously wounded two others. All of the kids are 12. We are all in total shock over this. Yes, we have a high number of gun owners and guns, but shootings in general are a tiny fraction of what they would be in any US city. The kid has been detained. They don't arrest them here like they do in the states, but he is not free to roam about either. The gun owner will likely be criminally charged. It is much too soon to say.

Kind of tough to work right now... I have cousins that live near that school.

Greenguy 2024-04-03 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagan (Post 573463)

Sending {{HUGS}}

jollyhumper 2024-04-03 10:37 AM

I read about it. It's just sad.
Best wishes and huge hugs

Pagan 2024-04-04 12:28 AM

Thanks.. the country is still in shock today. I see some of the anger coming out too, which is rather good.

Ramster 2024-04-04 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagan (Post 573463)
We had a school shooting today. I know it is nothing unusual in the US, but in Finland, it is extremely rare. In this one a 12 year old took a gun belonging to a "close relative" and killed one, seriously wounded two others. All of the kids are 12. We are all in total shock over this. Yes, we have a high number of gun owners and guns, but shootings in general are a tiny fraction of what they would be in any US city. The kid has been detained. They don't arrest them here like they do in the states, but he is not free to roam about either. The gun owner will likely be criminally charged. It is much too soon to say.

A 12 year old? Damn :(

Pagan 2024-04-04 11:40 AM

Yeah, a 12 year old. Totally unbelievable. He blames it on being bullied.