Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sponsors and Bad Support (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=43208)

LowryBigwood 2007-10-10 10:01 AM

Sponsors and Bad Support

Is it just me or is it like pulling teeth to communicate with some sponsors? Wouldn't you think they would want to help their webmasters to make them sales? Since I can't get contact with them on their own board...

MAXCASH!! Are you alive? I need a little webmaster support? Pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssse... |cry|

ladydesigner 2007-10-10 10:09 AM

I feel your pain Lowry! |cry|

There's a few sponsors whom I shall not mention that I've recently dropped because they can't seem to simply hit reply and answer my inquiries. Move on, that's what I say. There's plenty of sponsors out there that have great support. |thumb

Tekster 2007-10-10 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladydesigner (Post 368612)

There's a few sponsors whom I shall not mention that I've recently dropped because they can't seem to simply hit reply and answer my inquiries. Move on, that's what I say. There's plenty of sponsors out there that have great support. |thumb

Agree 100%, some sponsors just don't care, but there are plenty that are great.

LowryBigwood 2007-10-10 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladydesigner (Post 368612)

Very true. Good advice. |waves|

Greenguy 2007-10-10 01:46 PM

Personally, I like the ones that don't reply to emails & messages about not getting paid.

Instant Adult Cash? Soul Cash? I'm looking in your direction :D

stuveltje 2007-10-10 02:03 PM

oh oh i forgot about that one soul cash and not getting paid.....i will get over it:D

Cucumber 2007-10-10 04:31 PM

Looks like its "in" today not to respond to affiliates, I also have some problems getting paid from "used to be nice" guys...

stuveltje 2007-10-10 04:50 PM

in my 7 years of being in bizz, i had about 7 sponsors who didnt pay me, but the worse was a dutch sponsor, they hit me for a huge amound, i always said i will get them for that, and i will, they are only say 20 minutes driving with a car from my place, i only had to find a good way to get them, because i will not spent my time in jail:D and i have find the way... still i will wait, because some new laws will kill them, easy i dont have to do anything and they will get their punishment......in a very bad way, the sponsor will die:D hell it seems i do love our goverment in one way|devil|

Beaver Bob 2007-10-10 07:16 PM

that really sucks man. hope you get your questions/concerns addressed soon. I personally wouldn't do business with anyone who wasn't at least somewhat available if anything comes up.

macker 2007-10-11 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowryBigwood (Post 368608)
Is it just me or is it like pulling teeth to communicate with some sponsors? Wouldn't you think they would want to help their webmasters to make them sales? Since I can't get contact with them on their own board...

MAXCASH!! Are you alive? I need a little webmaster support? Pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssse... |cry|

You could try sarah@maxcash.com or on icq at 232834291

nibbler 2007-10-11 01:29 PM

I have a sponsor who solicited me to promote a new site in my niche. I did and asked him to let me know when he has some FHGs made up. Weeks go by and he hits me up on ICQ and ask me to bump a gfy thread with the new site announcement. I go to the thread and noticed that someone asked him about FHGs and he posted them on the thread.

When I asked the sponsor why he didn't let me know about the FHGs, the fucker scolded me about being too busy to notify me about the FHGs, but he had plenty of time to ask me to bump a thread about the site announcement. Rat bastard!

BTW, I still promote the site since it's making buckets of cash, but I don't talk to the fucker anymore. He will forever be known as the fucker :)

Azlord 2007-10-17 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nibbler (Post 368762)
I have a sponsor who solicited me to promote a new site in my niche. I did and asked him to let me know when he has some FHGs made up. Weeks go by and he hits me up on ICQ and ask me to bump a gfy thread with the new site announcement. I go to the thread and noticed that someone asked him about FHGs and he posted them on the thread.

When I asked the sponsor why he didn't let me know about the FHGs, the fucker scolded me about being too busy to notify me about the FHGs, but he had plenty of time to ask me to bump a thread about the site announcement. Rat bastard!

BTW, I still promote the site since it's making buckets of cash, but I don't talk to the fucker anymore. He will forever be known as the fucker :)

Damn, that doesn't sound like fun.

papagmp 2007-10-17 09:13 PM

Wish I had so many affiliates that I had trouble helping them out - as it is, I'm sitting here waiting - where can I be of assistance:D

We're small but we're here.

spacemanspiff 2007-10-18 10:44 AM

I guess they communicate when they feel like it.

I have two emails sitting in my inbox from Maxcash wanting to talk to me about sending them more traffic. |crazy|

LowryBigwood 2007-10-18 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspiff (Post 369591)
I guess they communicate when they feel like it.

I have two emails sitting in my inbox from Maxcash wanting to talk to me about sending them more traffic. |crazy|

Interesting...

Maybe they think I'm too small or can't send enough signups to bother with me. :D Doesn't matter now.

Jim 2007-10-18 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowryBigwood (Post 369612)
Interesting...

Maybe they think I'm too small or can't send enough signups to bother with me. :D Doesn't matter now.

That should never be the case. The smallest webmaster should be treated like the biggest. If only because you never know if the smallest webmaster will some day be the biggest.

But mostly because it is the professional thing to do.

Bobc01 2007-10-18 01:49 PM

Isn't it more likely to be the smaller sponsors that are ignorant?

I get on really well with mine and get human replies within hours rather than some automated bullshit days later.

I'd be more inclined to send a sarcastic email and tell em to fuck off and go elsewhere.

spazlabz 2007-10-20 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cucumber (Post 368661)
Looks like its "in" today not to respond to affiliates, I also have some problems getting paid from "used to be nice" guys...

It feels pretty good for me to not be one of the cool kids. I give great support ;)

spaz

ouch, I think I twisted my arm patting myself on the back

koalaTalex 2007-10-20 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 369615)
That should never be the case. The smallest webmaster should be treated like the biggest. If only because you never know if the smallest webmaster will some day be the biggest.

Jim is bang on! I am not a big earner but sponsors that give me support and help when it is needed help make my earnings bigger. Get it, making me a bigger earner will make them more money over the long term.

The better the support I can get from a sponsor the more motivated I am to send my traffic to their program. Again, making them more money!

Michael 2007-10-21 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 369615)

You rock Jim, I mentioned this before.

Ultracash was the shit back in the days....

I miss ultrahardcore.com I used to like that site!

TightTeela 2007-10-21 07:33 PM

soaking it all in

tigermom 2007-10-22 01:59 AM

Max Cash is fairly visible on the boards with Sarah posting everywhere, why not hit her with a PM?

I have to say, most of my sponsors are very nice to work with. So far, I have come across very polite, friendly and helpful reps. I sometimes see ICQ transcripts on the board of webmasters talking to reps, and I have to say, I sometimes wonder about the webmasters' level of professionalism, not just the reps'.

So far, being friendly and polite, I got some awesome help from sponsors. Take Beaver Bob here in this thread (thanks again!). Tons of other people too, from big and small companies. To mention a few (in addition to Bob here from Chubby Checks), the guys at Guerilla Traffic, Platinum Bucks, Top Bucks, Jimmy Diamond, How I Got Rich, ZBucks, Pimproll and Adult Elite, Pussy Cash, Intense Cash, Blue Loot, Nubiles... It's a long long list. With all of them, I got timely responses to all my requests, and great help with anything and everything I needed. This isn't to say that I recommend them all, in terms of conversions, leaky tours, or any other parameter, just to say that the reps were just what I needed - providing good support in a friendly and professional manner.

The only ones that I've ever had a major problem with are Nasty Dollars. No one there was actually nasty lol, but they simply never replied to any emails and they don't have an ICQ rep (or didn't have one, last time I checked). I just moved on, not promoting them anymore.

RageCash-Ben 2007-10-23 06:59 PM

I feel your pain man. I have only started working with RageCash but as a wm for 8 years now nothing pissing me off more(well apart from cheaters and scammers) then trying to contact a sponsor and getting nowhere.

Sarah_Jayne 2007-10-24 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowryBigwood (Post 368608)

We are very much alive. Max Cash no longer owns a board so I am not sure what board you are trying to get us on. Email me at sarah@maxcash.com or icq me on 232834291 and I will be here to help.

I spend most of my day on email or icq with affiliates helping them so trust me, we are alive :)

Sarah_Jayne 2007-10-24 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowryBigwood (Post 369612)
Interesting...

I haven't had any emails from you or icqs. Perhaps you are contacting another rep?