Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Hopefully the stupidest question I'll ever ask. (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=65157)

ecchi 2013-01-16 02:41 PM

Hopefully the stupidest question I'll ever ask.

Under "Newbie Questions" G has written "The Only Stupid Question is the Question Not Asked", but I think this one might prove him wrong.

First a bit of background: A few years back on a panel game on British TV, an American guest was moaning about bad British cuisine, and in reply the host said "This from the country that sells spray on cheese!" The American conceded the point, but I was left with a burning desire to try "spray on cheese" (it is not available in Britain). I've spent years trying to track down a tin of Kraft's Easy Cheese. Then, just over a week ago, I found someone selling it on eBay, they had brought a case back from the US and were auctioning it off as individual cans. I bid, I won, and today the can of Easy Cheese arrived in the post. This should have been the happy end to a fairly pathetic quest, but....

Now here comes the question. Feel free to laugh at my stupidity (in a thread on the spam board I recently posted about my difficulties with modern technology, but even then I did not realise exactly how stupid I am).

The question is (and this is a serious question, not a joke): How the fuck do I get the cheese out of the tin?

Aerosols have been around for years, and I have been using them competently since I was a child. But they all had some kind of button beside or on the nozzle. All I've got on the top of this tin of Easy Cheese is a thin white tube that ends in a sort of crown shape, no button whatsoever. I've been looking at it for ages, tried everything I can think of, but I cannot make the cheese leave the tin!

Please help. I have been trying to get hold of Easy Cheese for years, and now I have a can of it in front of me, it is fucking infuriating not to be able to get the cheese out!.

JustRobert 2013-01-16 03:51 PM

Push on the tip, not top of the tip straight down, sort of sideways as the tip bends over.

Just like whipped cream in a can, but you probably don't have that either.

Fonz 2013-01-16 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 522908)
Just like whipped cream in a can, but you probably don't have that either.

We have whipped cream in a can here. But cheese in a can, wtf?

ecchi 2013-01-16 04:26 PM

Thanks. Yes we do have whipped cream in cans, but that has a button that you press to get the cream out. This is the first time I've seen an aerosol where you have to press the side of the nozzle.

I'm off to spray cheese onto a cracker now. I think I'll have a burger for lunch tomorrow so that I can try the cheese on that. |loony|

Cleo 2013-01-16 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We use this stuff around the house.

http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/...1&d=1358373044

Same kind of push sideways to dispense. I wouldn't eat this stuff though.

Toby 2013-01-16 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleo (Post 522912)
I wouldn't eat this stuff though.

Can't taste much worse than the spray can cheese. |barf|

Cleo 2013-01-16 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 522914)
Can't taste much worse than the spray can cheese. |barf|

I knew a guy that thought it would be cool to fill up his wive's vagina with it. Guess they did know how badly it sticks to skin. She ended up in surgery.

LD 2013-01-16 07:01 PM

I always called it 'squirt cheese'.

HowlingWulf 2013-01-17 10:51 AM

I've never had or known anyone that eats spray cheese. Ugh.

ecchi 2013-01-17 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowlingWulf (Post 522925)
I've never had or known anyone that eats spray cheese. Ugh.

I had a cheeseburger for breakfast using it. It tastes better than the cheese McDonald uses!

Although to be fair to McD, their burgers are better quality than the one I ate. It was from a batch I have in the freezer that I got from a frozen food chain store. Yesterday the news was full of reports that they were using horse meat in their burgers.

I don't have a problem with that, horse tastes fine.

Greenguy 2013-01-17 04:17 PM

|haha|haha|haha|haha|haha

dunc 2013-01-17 05:51 PM

2 things wrong with this thread:

1 - Cheese in a can
2 - A Youtube video showing you how to use it

We are living in strange times |bananna||bananna||bananna|

nichebros 2013-01-17 09:38 PM

Good the can cheese quest had a happy ended |headbang|

My parents once tricked me to eat some meat, turned out to be horse meat, it was good.. a good steak with a bit of sweet flavor to it

Now i'm curious, how would a Mac Horse with can cheese taste like?? |bananna|

MeatPounder 2013-01-17 10:09 PM

Best way to eat easy cheese (and canned whipped cream)
http://bschooled.files.wordpress.com...sy-cheese1.jpg

ecchi 2013-01-18 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunc (Post 522947)
2 things wrong with this thread:
2 - A Youtube video showing you how to use it

The sad thing is that I genuinely needed that video, and I am genuinely grateful to JustRobert for posting it!

Greenguy 2013-01-18 11:31 AM

I do actually |greenheart| eating that |mrhanky| on crackers |thumb

JustRobert 2013-01-18 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecchi (Post 522953)
The sad thing is that I genuinely needed that video, and I am genuinely grateful to JustRobert for posting it!

Your Welcome :)
I was actually surprised that video came up when I did the search.