Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Questions about SEO on Free Sites (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=62434)

DonX 2011-07-20 10:56 AM

Questions about SEO on Free Sites

(Hope I have this in the right area. If not sorry Greenguy)

I was wondering when you set your Free Sites up to be SEO friendly do you treat it like a regular site? Meaning meta tags, keywords, alt tags, description tags, google analytics etc.... or should I just do description tags and that's it?

What do you do to make your Free Sites SEO friendly?

Thank you and have a great day |headbang|

Cleo 2011-07-20 11:07 AM

As you posted I use meta tags, keywords, alt tags, description tags, google analytics on free sites and pretty much everything.

LD 2011-07-20 11:47 AM

Everything Cleo said, plus I try to put a little text on my freesites, like a mini description with a few keywords below the title. Seems to help a bit.

There's been some discussion on using "Enter" as the linked text for your main page. I have been linking the name of the site: "Enter 'freesite name' Here" as the named anchor. Not sure if it helps or not.

I have heard it is good to vary the title tags on each page as well. I do that, as well.

Voltar 2011-07-20 12:23 PM

ditto to all they have said, plus use tags somewhere to make your keyed larger than the rest of the text, such as the name and enter link name of the site, SE's do read those and can key on them as a small part of the formula to get you listed higher in them...
Try many things and once you key upon the combo of things that works for you(as there are 100+ different factors the SEs look at) then repeat, repeat, repeat..

LeRoy 2011-07-20 03:18 PM

Naming the jpeg images with niche specific key words wont hurt either |thumb

Takes some time though.

Fonz 2011-07-20 03:31 PM

This all sounds so 2005 :)

housekeeper 2011-07-20 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeRoy (Post 506964)
Naming the jpeg images with niche specific key words wont hurt either.

Always a good choice, your wise to take advantage of the image search

DonX 2011-07-20 06:45 PM

Thanks to everyone that gave me some feedback

LeRoy 2011-07-20 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by housekeeper (Post 506969)
Always a good choice, your wise to take advantage of the image search

I learned that lil tidbit from an SEO company.

Wish I had time to get to all those images tho.

GigglesWorld 2011-07-21 10:08 AM

Make sure to use Heading tags as well. Optimizing the title and making sure you have at least a hundred words of text content on every page you want to rank is the best way to ensure a solid ranking.

housekeeper 2011-07-22 12:50 PM

I'm wondering what some of you think about the SEO plug-ins for WP, I use them consistently, but sometimes I question whether they really make a difference or not. After you've targeted your keywords in your post, used the appropriate title tags, named your images and filled in the spiffy alt="", do the plug-ins make a difference?

I also try to stay mindful of linking the phrase, not just simply site name but discription of scene etc & so on...

Greenguy 2011-07-22 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonz (Post 506965)
This all sounds so 2005 :)

Personally, as far as SEO & Free Sites go, I don't think much has changed since 2005 :D

faxxaff 2011-07-23 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 507105)
Personally, as far as SEO & Free Sites go, I don't think much has changed since 2005 :D

As long as you are in non-competitive niches, it's true.

Nickname 2011-07-27 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 507105)

Indeed It hasn't.

Remember to put most your SEO into the warning page btw. That's the page that gets the anchored backlinks(which is uber important).