Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Blogs and Blogging (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   taking down my blog (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=40515)

ponygirl 2007-05-25 10:50 PM

taking down my blog

well, me & the blog are parting ways...I'm kinda tired of feeling guilty for not updating it :D Actually, I just don't have the time to make it what I wanted it to be, and the words didn't come as easily as I thought they would :(

Rather than just let it sit doing nothing, or turn it into a splog, I'm putting another site on the domain. Soooo...if you had link trades with it, you can take it down. I'll be spending the weekend emailing my trades, but I thought I'd give anyone from here a heads up. The new site will go live Monday, I think.

Sorry if this inconveniences anyone, but I really did learn a lot here, thanks to a few folks, and that's a good thing. :)

Thumbler 2007-05-26 09:05 AM

Why not use feedwordpress and a few sponsor feeds to keep it updated?

ponygirl 2007-05-26 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumbler (Post 349131)

I thought about that, but I'm really not into it lol. I'd rather have something I made up there if I'm not going to keep updating the blog. Plus, I've tried sponsor feeds in a couple other ways and I'm not too big on them yet |huh

ponygirl 2007-05-26 10:57 AM

wait, what if I just stick it in a folder, and change the root of the domain. Can I just move all the files into a subfolder without changing anything?

Thumbler 2007-05-26 11:44 AM

More or less - the full instructions are here.http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

I moved one of my blogs the other day, it's comparatively painless if you follow the instructions |thumb

Halfdeck 2007-05-26 12:10 PM

I haven't updated my adult blogs in a while either, so don't feel bad.

But why not keep the trades up? They'll help you get whatever content you replace your blog with spidered by Google a little bit quicker. And if you're not planning to do anything with the domain, you can always redirect the Google juice to another domain.

ponygirl 2007-05-26 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumbler (Post 349131)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumbler (Post 349176)
More or less - the full instructions are here.http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

I moved one of my blogs the other day, it's comparatively painless if you follow the instructions |thumb

thanks |thumb I think I will do that - move it to a subfolder & when I get some time put some feeds on it. Then I'll just use it as part of the site, not the reason for the domain :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfdeck (Post 349180)
I haven't updated my adult blogs in a while either, so don't feel bad.

hehe thanks :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfdeck (Post 349180)
But why not keep the trades up? They'll help you get whatever content you replace your blog with spidered by Google a little bit quicker. And if you're not planning to do anything with the domain, you can always redirect the Google juice to another domain.

even if I do keep the trades up, the blog will be moved, so their links would have to be changed anyway. I'm not going to be sending any traffic to it for a while (until I figure out what I'm going to do with it) so what I'll probably do is let my trades know & they can decide if they want to pull them. I'll leave them up on the blog, I guess that wouldn't hurt |huh

I do have something else I'm putting on the domain, and it wasn't getting much Google love anyway :D

Ms Naughty 2007-05-26 07:25 PM

I'm glad you're not taking it down. Even if it's not updated it would be a shame to waste all that previous work.

ponygirl 2007-05-26 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmascrotum (Post 349209)
I'm glad you're not taking it down. Even if it's not updated it would be a shame to waste all that previous work.

yep, that's why it was such a painful decision lol. But on the other hand, I'd like to have something more productive on that particular domain too. Live & learn :)

virgohippy 2007-05-26 08:55 PM

One less site in my already neglected reading list. |sad|

ponygirl 2007-05-26 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by virgohippy (Post 349213)
One less site in my already neglected reading list. |sad|

well, it's not like I'M going anywhere, I could send you some dirty emails or something :D

SheepGuy 2007-05-27 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponygirl (Post 349214)
well, it's not like I'M going anywhere, I could send you some dirty emails or something :D

Me too please!! :D

virgohippy 2007-05-27 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponygirl (Post 349214)

Lovely. |virgohippy|