Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Cornbread Stuffing/Dressing Up Nawth? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=43862)

Licker4U 2007-11-13 05:45 PM

Cornbread Stuffing/Dressing Up Nawth?

Cornbread has been a southern staple for 100's of years and here in the south we wouldn't dream of having a Thanksgiving meal without some kind of cornbread stuffing/dressing. Do any yanks fix cornbread stuffing?

jennym 2007-11-14 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Licker4U (Post 373856)
here in the south we wouldn't dream of having a Thanksgiving meal without some kind of cornbread stuffing/dressing.

mmmmmmmmmmm......can't wait for it now. drool drool

Jim 2007-11-14 08:58 AM

Not a cornbread stuffing but a bread stuffing none the less. My Great-Grandma NeNe taught me the recipe about 30 years ago and that really is the only kind I have ever had.

I could never get the oyster stuffing thing :)

Cleo 2007-11-14 09:17 AM

Just get the turkey ungutted and go for that natural stuffing.

Jim 2007-11-14 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleo (Post 373976)
Just get the turkey ungutted and go for that natural stuffing.

Ungutted...yuck
I like my turkey gutted :)

Licker4U 2007-11-14 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim (Post 373974)
Not a cornbread stuffing but a bread stuffing none the less. My Great-Grandma NeNe taught me the recipe about 30 years ago and that really is the only kind I have ever had.

I could never get the oyster stuffing thing :)

The bitch I'm divorcing is from Knoxville, TN and makes a bread stuffing, damn yankee...

Jim 2007-11-15 05:57 AM

Actually my wife mentioned something yesterday that I forgot. There are also about 10 pounds of potatoes involved :) I knew something sounded funny when I wrote bread. I knew there was something about it that made it different than most others.

Linkster 2007-11-15 06:42 AM

The best stuffing (after cornbread - which is NOTHING like northern bread stuffing) is duck and chicken - also widely known as
Turducken

Jim 2007-11-15 06:47 AM

My daughter wants a Turduken every year. To me, it's hard enough to cook the perfect Turkey and have it done when it's supposed to be. I couldn't imagine the Turduken thing.

Simon 2007-11-15 07:06 AM

Jim, I think you just freeze it and then deep-fry it outside.

When it explodes it's done.

:D

Linkster 2007-11-15 07:37 AM

http://www.chefpaul.com/turducken.html

Best original way to cook one :) And of course has the original cornbread stuffing recipe as well |thumb

ladydesigner 2007-11-15 09:07 AM

I make a sausage and bread dressing. I'm from California but live in the south now so I'm told my way is pretty odd. My grandma taught me the recipe years ago and I'm sticking with it!

FanTC 2007-11-15 09:52 AM

Boy my mom and granny would roll in their graves if they heard this bread in dressing talk. If it ain't cornbread, by God, you must be north of the Mason Dixon.

I have to order my turducken soon. I do it the easy way. I buy it made and just bake it. I don't care much for trying to shove fowls up other fowls asses. Besides, it just makes a big mess.
I buy mine at Specialty Stuft Meats in Gulfport. Damn I'm excited for the eating season. I love me some turducken!

SirMoby 2007-11-15 11:28 AM

Am I the only one that likes oyster stuffing? Smoked turkey with oyster stuffing is really a wonderful thing.

Jim 2007-11-15 11:37 AM

I just don't get stuffing a turkey with seafood :) I have a cousin that is the only person in my family that didn't like the Grandma Ne-Ne stuff. Anyone serving her had to make a little oyster stuffing. But she is a two faced whiny ass bitch anyway :)

Licker4U 2007-11-15 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linkster (Post 374125)
The best stuffing (after cornbread - which is NOTHING like northern bread stuffing) is duck and chicken - also widely known as
Turducken

I remember hearing John Madden talk about Turducken's on Monday Night Football eons ago and thought you actually stuffed a whole chicken into a duck then into a turkey :D If I tried to de-bone a turkey, duck or chicken to make the roulade you're supposed to end up with it would look like a big pile of dog food.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanTC (Post 374167)
Boy my mom and granny would roll in their graves if they heard this bread in dressing talk. If it ain't cornbread, by God, you must be north of the Mason Dixon.

Damn right! If it ain't conebread it ain't dressing...