Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   T-Shirt Hell is Closing (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=51178)

docholly 2009-01-28 10:51 AM

T-Shirt Hell is Closing

I don't know how many people are affiliates of or buy from T-Shirt Hell, but we got a notice this morning that they are closing as of Feb 10th. They say it is because of so much hate mail against their sometimes controversial shirts (and they are an equal opportunity bigot) .. but more than likely a sign of the hard economic times.

I love their shirts and own several of them.. (If a fat girl falls in the woods, Swallow or its going in your eye, fuck Idaho, etc) and will be owning several more in the next 7-10 working days. I'm pretty sure it's not the same impact as Circuit City or Sharper Image but it is sad to see another eTailer gone.

NOTE: no affiliate codes were used in posting of this notice. I joined but never used them.

bDok 2009-01-28 11:08 AM

That sucks. Seemed like if you had some decent deals with a shirt company wouldn't be hard to keep going either. Or if you got big enough to become your own printer as well.

shame. thought it was a good idea. Would really be interested to see where it went wrong.

Greenguy 2009-01-28 11:15 AM

I saw that yesterday :( I have MANY shirts from them & I used their affiliate program (paid $4/shirt)

I might have to go buy a couple shirts before they close for old times sake.

Useless 2009-01-28 11:24 AM

If I wasn't such a pussy, I would have some of their shirts too. :(

Quote:

I made a shitload of dough along the way. I've done cocaine off the better body parts of supermodels. I've even raped and killed a mountain panda in the hills of Shaanxi. But these perks are besides the point.
Quote:

So, to all the kickass motherfuckers who supported us and REALLY got what we were trying to do, thank you (no, not you, you racist idiots who thought we actually had racist intentions and no, not you, you dumb as a stump fucks who just think any shirt with the word "fuck" on it is as right as rain). Thanks to all the people who contributed to my vice fund and at the same time helped make a funny statement about the world today.
Quote:

Fuck you,

-Sunshine Megatron
I want to change my name to Sunshine Megatron.

Greenguy 2009-01-28 11:35 AM

I have Fuck The Color Blind & There Are Two People Fucking On The Back Of My Shirt

I've bought a couple as gifts, too, many of which were from the Baby Hell section |thumb

smutguy 2009-01-28 11:59 AM

thats a shame.. i really liked the shirts they have

Jim 2009-01-28 12:38 PM

I saw that yesterday too..
I have "He Loves The Cock" with an arrow pointing left, Life's Too Short to Fuck Fat Bitches" and lots more. But, they aren't the only rude teeshirt store out there. :)

KeepUpWithJoan 2009-01-28 12:58 PM

why doesnt the guy sell the business instead of closing it? He could retire much earlier!

At 3000 t-shirts sold per week at an 19.00 a shirt, that means he does $2 900 000 a year and he is going to stop? Why not sell the business for 1 or even 2 million dollars?

That does not make business sense at all!

docholly 2009-01-28 03:07 PM

I just bought 7 shirts this morning... I should have waited and clicked through |greenguy| affiliate program.
and I totally agree on why they aren't just selling out.

Now I want to go back to find the Life's too short to fuck Fat girls. you just gotta own up to it!!

NY Jester 2009-01-28 03:27 PM

I agree, its a damned shame. Anyone looking to buy last minute shorts feel free to click on any of the Tshirt hell banners on Pic Stable before I remove links LOL

Didnt he just open a "pants" store? Pajama bottoms with the same type of "stuff"

LeRoy 2009-01-28 04:20 PM

Thats sux :(

I did like the part where it says "I did cocaine on the better parts of super models"

Beaver Bob 2009-01-28 04:32 PM

This sucks, where am I going to buy my t-shirts now? :(

bDok 2009-01-28 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepUpWithJoan (Post 438648)
why doesnt the guy sell the business instead of closing it? He could retire much earlier!

At 3000 t-shirts sold per week at an 19.00 a shirt, that means he does $2 900 000 a year and he is going to stop? Why not sell the business for 1 or even 2 million dollars?

That does not make business sense at all!

just curious where did you get this 3000 t-shirts sold per week from?

NY Jester 2009-01-28 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bDok (Post 438703)
just curious where did you get this 3000 t-shirts sold per week from?

.....Although, the recent dip in sales certainly does make the idea easier to accept, even though we still sell over 3000 shirts a week.....

Taken from Sunshine's goodbye letter.

http://www.tshirthell.com/goodbye.php

babymaker 2009-01-28 06:34 PM

Nice shirts :D surprised he hasn't been put in a camp yet lol :) http://www.tshirthell.com/hell.shtml too bad he is closing :(

Beaver Bob 2009-01-28 07:18 PM

For those who promote Tshirt Hell, I also order shirts from Foul Mouth Shirts and they have an affiliate program. I've never tried promoting them, but they have some funny shit and they ship hella fast. (I didn't put any affiliate links in this post)

ArtWilliams 2009-01-28 08:19 PM

I like fat girls.

bDok 2009-01-28 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY Jester (Post 438706)
.....Although, the recent dip in sales certainly does make the idea easier to accept, even though we still sell over 3000 shirts a week.....

Taken from Sunshine's goodbye letter.

http://www.tshirthell.com/goodbye.php

good looking out. |thumb

dragplantastic 2009-01-28 08:48 PM

Wasn't there some story about the owner being poisoned a couple of years ago? I can see how the guy would get sick of the easily offended dipshits and the moronic hate mail. The farewell letter thanks among others, "the black lady who writes our newsletter."

walrus 2009-01-28 09:07 PM

Tis a sad day and I have a few of them. In fact the one I'm wearing now says "I ruined it for everyone".

Simon 2009-01-29 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless Warrior (Post 438636)
I want to change my name to Sunshine Megatron.

Actually, his name was Aaron Landau Schwarz until he changed it via a contest.

I doubt we've seen the last of Sunshine.

:)

Fonz 2009-01-29 01:23 PM

Too bad they're closing indeed. I won a bi-weekly contest (again :D) there a couple of years ago. Got me some free shirts.

docholly 2009-01-29 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY Jester (Post 438676)
I agree, its a damned shame. Anyone looking to buy last minute shorts feel free to click on any of the Tshirt hell banners on Pic Stable before I remove links LOL

Didnt he just open a "pants" store? Pajama bottoms with the same type of "stuff"

it was Torso Pants.. which is just more T-shirts. Maybe he'll keep that open.

NY Jester 2009-01-29 03:42 PM

Thanks Doc..I knew it was something pants LOL ...

xxxjay 2009-01-29 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docholly (Post 438625)
I don't know how many people are affiliates of or buy from T-Shirt Hell, but we got a notice this morning that they are closing as of Feb 10th. They say it is because of so much hate mail against their sometimes controversial shirts (and they are an equal opportunity bigot) .. but more than likely a sign of the hard economic times.

I love their shirts and own several of them.. (If a fat girl falls in the woods, Swallow or its going in your eye, fuck Idaho, etc) and will be owning several more in the next 7-10 working days. I'm pretty sure it's not the same impact as Circuit City or Sharper Image but it is sad to see another eTailer gone.

NOTE: no affiliate codes were used in posting of this notice. I joined but never used them.

That sucks, I used to do ok with them. And I own their shirts...a lot of them!