Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   It's Friday the 18th of July (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=66785)

JustRobert 2014-07-18 11:06 AM

It's Friday the 18th of July

Good Morning :)

Weather around here has been a bit cooler so I have not had to use the AC as much |thumb Other than this it's a typical Friday with work all day and a movie with the wife later.

Cleo 2014-07-18 11:27 AM

Hot and muggy here.

Got up really early so my web work is already done for the day.

Getting ready to head over to the gym although I really don't feel like going at all.

I have an event that I kind of need to go to tonight since I designed all the stuff for them and it might be good for networking, but I really don't feel like going to it at all.

Ramster 2014-07-18 12:38 PM

Good morning :)

Nothing big going on for me, mostly work for the day then likely gonna work a bit late at home on some other stuff. Have a good one!

Simon 2014-07-18 01:16 PM

Good morning world |waves|

Nice early morning here too, started hammering away with my first cup of coffee around 5am, so like Cleo my web work could be done, except like Ramster I'm gonna work on some other stuff now. And unlike JustRobert, my a/c has been on high non-stop, because, just like at Cleo's, it's been too hot and muggy to turn it off for a minute.

Wishing a good weekend eve to all.

:)

ecchi 2014-07-18 02:11 PM

Signs that you are getting old:

I have been trying to grow tomatoes for the past four years, without any luck. Yesterday I discovered one solitary tomato, growing on one of my plants, and am still pathetically happy about it today!

ecchi 2014-07-18 02:15 PM

Signs that you are not growing up:

Today I discovered that the new series of Doctor Who starts on 23 August, just five more weeks to wait. And I am even more pathetically happy about that than I am about the tomato thing!

ecchi 2014-07-18 02:33 PM

Signs that you need to get a life:

After posting the above I checked my emails. Got one from the British Film Institute telling me that they are previewing the first episode of the new season of Dr Who at their movie theatre on 7th August, followed by a panel discussion and Q&A with cast and production crew. Since they expect there to be many times as many people wanting a seat as they have in their cinema, they are taking bookings and will draw the lucky ones out of a hat on Thursday.

I just booked, and will be on tenterhooks until Thursday, hoping I get tickets!

MeatPounder 2014-07-18 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecchi (Post 534964)
Signs that you are getting old:

I have been trying to grow tomatoes for the past four years, without any luck. Yesterday I discovered one solitary tomato, growing on one of my plants, and am still pathetically happy about it today!

You really should put coffee grounds in your planters to keep the cats away

ecchi 2014-07-18 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatPounder (Post 534967)
You really should put coffee grounds in your planters to keep the cats away

Problem is slugs not cats. Although coffee grounds are supposed to work for slugs too (they don't).

JustRobert 2014-07-19 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecchi (Post 534969)
Problem is slugs not cats. Although coffee grounds are supposed to work for slugs too (they don't).

For slugs put a small saucer/shallow dish with beer in it. My wife says that the slugs around here preferred the darker beers, no pale ale or pilsners. They go in, get drunk, pass out and drown.

Woodspan 2014-07-19 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 534971)
For slugs put a small saucer/shallow dish with beer in it. My wife says that the slugs around here preferred the darker beers, no pale ale or pilsners. They go in, get drunk, pass out and drown.

This is rather ironic in that this came up last week with my mother. She does the same thing with slugs. Actually pissed my dad off as she used his "precious" Miller Genuine Draft as the bait.

She swears it works.

ecchi 2014-07-19 06:18 PM

The solution I used (after three years of failed crops) was to move the tomato plants inside and grow them in pots in front of the window in my bedroom. There are no slugs in my bedroom!

JustRobert 2014-07-20 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecchi (Post 534969)
Problem is slugs not cats.

According to this you have slugs in your bedroom |lol|

ecchi 2014-07-20 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 534978)
According to this you have slugs in your bedroom |lol|

No, the slugs ate the plants when I tried to grow them outdoors. This year I moved them into my bedroom where there are no slugs and I have a tomato!

However, considering the shit hole of a building my apartment is in, it would not have surprised me if there were slugs in my bedroom.