Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sunday 5th October, and Twitter is confused. (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=66886)

ecchi 2014-10-05 07:47 AM

Sunday 5th October, and Twitter is confused.

Today, Twitter has decided that my big desktop computer running Windows XP is actually a 'phone, and is redirecting me to their 'phone site every time I visit Twitter.

No problem, their 'phone site is actually better coded and easier to use than their main site.

ecchi 2014-10-05 07:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
PS: When typing the word "Twitter" they insist you use an upper case T. If you use a lower cast t (twitter) they will come after you with lawyers and sue you for loads of $$$ (apparently they can do this because Twitter is a registered trade mark). This seems a bit pathetic, particularly since, before the bird symbol, Twitter's logo was simply a lower case t.

(They also don't allow the use of their old logo anymore, so G will probably get sued because I posted this picture. |devil| )

Cleo 2014-10-05 08:12 AM

Twitter is telling you that it's time to upgrade out of the computer stone age.

So far I've had a rather boring weekend. It's in the sixties this morning so time to break out the Florida winter clothes if I dare to go outside in these frigid temps.

Useless 2014-10-05 10:38 AM

It rained all day yesterday, so I mostly lounged, napped, and worked on an online project. Today, the sun appears to have rejoined us, so I'll work on my daughter's car and on a friend's house. Later, I'll get back to online goodies. |thumb

Have a fantastic fucking day. |boobies|

ecchi 2014-10-05 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleo (Post 535695)
Twitter is telling you that it's time to upgrade out of the computer stone age.

It was quite happy to call my desktop computer a "computer" yesterday. But once I signed up, got my page going, and posted a bit, it turned on me!

Anyway, I like "the computer stone age". I also have a 98 box for software too old to run on something as "new" as XP. And I often use computers made in the 1980s and sometimes those made in the 1970s. So a machine made in the late 1990s, running XP, is modern for me.

And anyway, I do got a modern(ish) computer. But it runs Vista, which makes going back to XP a delight! (I only use the Vista box for software that does not run on older versions of Windows.)

Vista = |pcsucks|

ecchi 2014-10-06 06:16 AM

Today Twitter has realised that my desktop computer is really a computer, and has stopped sending me to their 'phone site.

As my host uses temporary IP leasing (i.e. I may get a different IP every time I log on) I'm guessing that some of their IPs are registered as cell 'phone IPs (because they also do 'phones) and this is confusing Twitter.