View Single Post
Old 2006-03-10, 01:28 AM   #8
Xeno
Do you want the job done right, or do you want it done fast?

I would have to say that the adult industry (to break into it) is becoming much harder than it was for those who got in years ago. It also depends on what you are (or would) going into because there are some things that are just too much of....actually most of everything is too much now. Then there is the regulations and other things that outside sources can, do, and will affect the business (ie: the us government -- although its not so much for me because I'm Canadian). The adult business is something that requires a LOT of hard work on a full time basis if you want to do this as your main income source and it's definitely not going to happen overnight.

Setting aside the gloom and doom, if you have it in yourself to work long hours for long-term, and to be creative with whatever you do, there is potential. Thats the key...its to be creative and to do something that no one else has done or at least improve on something that already exists. The other factor is business and marketing knowledge; this is ultimately the most important of all because if you have these two skills, you can for sure dig yourself into the $ side of the adult biz.

In summary, if you do the adult, just be prepared to work much harder than others who got into the industry long ago and don't give up. Be creative; be business smart with marketing savy; and make sure you have an exist plan if things don't work out, you have something in place to fall back on; research whatever you plan to do carefully and go on your gut feelings.

And yes....I agree on the part that don't expect a huge return too soon. In many cases it could take at least a year (again it depends on what you do). So if you are looking for a quick BIG buck, this is not the solution.

For myself, I started about 7 years ago but never got serious with it until about a year ago. I run a web design business (mainstream) which actually keeps me very busy (even with adult design work), so I pretty much work 16 hour days 7 days a week.

Last edited by Xeno; 2006-03-10 at 01:31 AM..
Xeno is offline   Reply With Quote