View Single Post
Old 2006-07-06, 08:30 PM   #1
Tyranni
WHO IS FONZY!?! Don't they teach you anything at school?

Send a message via Yahoo to Tyranni
I need to password protect my blog for members, how?

My hosting company is godaddy..they provide an option to install serendipity, nucleus or pLog...I want to password protect my blog so only my members can access it. I launched both Seren & pLog and installed it on my server... and downloaded them to my PC and then re uploaded it to my members folder which is password protected by verotel (haven't tried doing it with webstream yet, my other processor) but it keeps saying 'forbidden' and my blog does not come up, and it does not ask for my pw. I tried the same with pLog and the blog comes up without asking for password verification. I looked into godaddy FAQ and this page came up: http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?...91&topic_id=&&
So I'm thinking that because I don't know php or MySQL that it could be beyond me. What am I missing? I just need to be pointed in the right direction. I would like for the passwords to be the same that my members have to login, but maybe it is possible to just give out passwords to them some other way? I know I have to do it through my billing processors htaccess somehow but I really know nothing about this. Is there some simple work around or do I just have to educate myself in this? If so, in what ? ughhhh!
Tyranni is offline   Reply With Quote