Thread: Latest Trends
View Single Post
Old 2007-08-12, 10:35 AM   #20
Allfetish
If you really need money, you can sell your kidney or even your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchi View Post

Even more important (if you offer rev share): Keep the sponsors once they convert. I have dropped several sponsors simply because they rarely manage to keep members beyond the first rebill (two things I think are the biggest causes of this: 1. The site is not as good as it looks from the tour. 2. Too few updates.
That is a big one too. In general if I see they do not rebill but they offer PPS (at least $25, but preferably $30 - $35) I will just switch to PPS and let them worry about the rebills. But not all sponsors offer PPS.

I recently started promoting some microniches and of course ran into many CCbill sponsors who are kind of small. They offer only revshare. Well I am seeing a 5% rebill rate. Average commission is about $14 per sale. So I look at this and I realize, "Hey. If these guys offered $30 PPS, I would be doubling my money." That is quite a difference in pocket change there for doing nothing different. If one or two of these guys switched to a reasonable PPS -- even $25 -- I would put their links at the top of the list in a heartbeat. A 5% rebill rate is totally unacceptable and I want to be able to get right around $30 average for each signup sent or I feel I am pissing away money.

(The above is a good hint for struggling newbies too I think. Sometimes watching this stuff and acting on it can mean more profit. In my case I could potentially double my money with a sponsor by switching to PPS - if it were available. Likewise sometimes with a sponsor that rebills well, you could do better by going revshare. But you have to keep track of the numbers first. )

Last edited by Allfetish; 2007-08-12 at 10:44 AM..
Allfetish is offline   Reply With Quote