View Single Post
Old 2007-10-02, 02:36 AM   #10
kane
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

A friend of mine had an interesting solution to his oldest son wanting to be able to have his computer in his room and have internet. He mainly said he wants to play world of warcraft in his room, but he is 15 so he is probably wanting to look at some boobies too. My buddy told him he had two choices. He could keep it out in the living room area where it is now and do whatever on it and just know they are keeping an eye on him, or he can have it in his room and they would be installing software that lets he and his wife check everything he has done online and if they find he is doing something he shouldn't be doing, the computer is getting taken away from him for good. He agreed, the computer went in his room and so far no problems.

I thought it was a good idea because it lets them give him some freedom and privacy and it also allows him to show he can be responsible and trustworthy.
kane is offline   Reply With Quote