View Single Post
Old 2008-04-01, 08:17 AM   #10
Simon
That which does not kill us, will try, try again.

Send a message via ICQ to Simon Send a message via AIM to Simon Send a message via Yahoo to Simon
You know, Marc, if you didn't waste time writing great posts, you'd be able to spend it coming up with more cool tools like those Smart Flash banners.

(note: emphasis is mine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb View Post
...and linklists help to police this by not accepting cookie-cutter, auto-generated spam sites, then the bad seeds will be weeded out and the entire system will begin to breath easier. It's going to take time and everyone has to work together to get there, but I'm certain it's possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit View Post
Nice point mb, but have you idea, how really stop the "cookie-cutter, auto-generated spam sites"? I think this is impossible. Smart webmasters already do as you stated, but there is 80% lazy ones still here and you (and we all) have no power to drop them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermom View Post
My only question to LL owners would be, if you can so easily tell the automated junk from the hand-made sites, why not reject the junk and help us all keep the system healthier?
Why wouldn't everyone want to eliminate the poor-quality free sites?

Or...what is the advantage to accepting them, since it seems that's what's happening.

Inquiring minds want to know.