View Single Post
Old 2008-06-23, 10:48 AM   #18
JohnnyR
I can now put whatever I want in this space :P

Send a message via ICQ to JohnnyR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbler View Post
Thanks but I am quite aware who has been on the podium this season, last season and for the last 40 or so seasons
I was just saying... u know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbler
And just like I predicted, a Ferrari 1-2. Magny-Cours is one of the worst tracks in the world for overtaking, even Nelson Piquet Jr was keeping people behind him.
Not a hard prediction to make, considering. Bet you didn't predit Trulli coming on 3 tho A nice solid performance there for Toyota and I couldn't be happier then seeing other teams getting their stuff together and narrowing the gap with the top. Even if it means harder times for BMW RedBull seems to be going strong, and so does Toyota, and I'm glad for them and I'm glad for the sport.

Not sure what to say about piquet jr, we're gonna need a couple of more races anyways, IF he gets to go. True he was pretty weak so far but could the fear of failing keep hoding him back? Maybe once he's got nothing to loose he'll come around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbler
The Ferraris will probably dominate at Silverstone as well, it will be interesting to see what happens in that team if Massa keeps finishing ahead of Raikonnen.
For some reason I never cared for Massa one way or the other. Never really cared for kimi either back when he first started. It was his series of missfortunes when he would start from the back of the grid and come up in top that made me notice him and follow him more closely. Nowdays, I like kimi although I don't much sympathize for Ferrari. It also seems to me like 80% of the people that like ferrari and aren't italians only like them cuz they win. That might not be true tho

Anyhow, I don't think Massa's got what it takes to bring kimi down. He's fast, no doubt, but he doesn't usually win unless he's on pole. He just doesn't look like much of a race driver to me. If Massa would go to any other team except ferrari he wouldn't do shit! The only reason he won yesterday was kimi's technical problems. No, definitely, kimi trumps massa at any time in my book, but Ferrari are pervs enough to prop him if he has a better chance to winning the championship.