View Single Post
Old 2008-07-01, 12:56 PM   #26
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
If I was elected to Congress, I'd push forward a proposition stating that guns should only be owned by licensed hunters and drug dealers. No one else has a practical reason for owning one, unless, of course, the hunter gets drunk and starts shooting at you, or the drug dealer gets pissed when you ask him to please stop trying to sell drugs to your kids and raping your wife. Otherwise, I can think of very few practical reasons to own a gun.

Being a rural New Yorker is a lot like being a mid-westerner. Lots of hunters around here, people without dental plans, and even the occasional Confederate flag on some ne'er-do-well's rusty old piece of shit pick-up truck which has been burning oil for the last three years, yet somehow, mysteriously, still runs and passes state inspection. I'm not a gun person. I don't feel the need to own one, though I do sometimes wish I had one - mostly when my neighbors are being noisy and obnoxious. I do, however, feel that everyone has the right to protect their family and their person as they see fit. I don't agree with what that paranoid nutjob in Texas did. He killed two people over STUFF. Not even his fucking STUFF. He really wanted to be the neighborhood hero by taking lives to protect his neighbor's possessions. Douchebag. I bet he feels differently about that now.
Useless is offline   Reply With Quote