View Single Post
Old 2008-08-15, 05:14 PM   #24
webpimp
With $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like ... love!

Send a message via ICQ to webpimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by walrus View Post
Over the three years I've been blogging I've found peaks and valleys that seem to have no logical explanation.

If I'm in a valley and I make changes, I usually give it three months to evaluate my results and then watch for a few more to see if the trend continues.
I'm up to about 50 blogs now, 90% handwritten with probably around 20% overlapping content. Some have become SE sensations while others get no love. I can't really figure out why some rank so well and some are poop.

Now, I just follow the traffic trends rather than trying to control them. If I'm getting a big traffic increase in a certain blog, I'll put in more time and update it more often. If I see traffic take a big dive, I no longer try to "revive" it. For me, this has just wasted my time. I'll still leave the blog online and update it maybe once a week or every two weeks. But I'm putting the bulk of my time into the ones that are getting traffic now. And you know sure enough, some of those neglected blogs will fall back into favor and start racking up the SE hits again. Can't explain it, like I said I just ride it instead of trying to control it.

The way I see it, if 10% of the blogs I make become money then I'll have more winners if I keep building. But like many of us have said in this thread - it's a lot of work. Having one mega blog sounds so nice, but I'm too wimpy to try a general adult blog yet.