View Single Post
Old 2008-10-05, 11:55 AM   #25
stuveltje
Live and learn. And take very careful notes!

Send a message via ICQ to stuveltje
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCat View Post

Wait for this stuff to kick off in Holland as well though, given that Fortis had to get their asses bailed out to the tune of 4 billion, the AEX taking a plunge... shitty situation.
Morgage issues are here already going on for 3 years, alot of people lost their house, but all got help and ended without debts so they can start all over again, there is enough money in holland to help the banks, also the dutch goverment paid some money to help fortis, the rule here in holland is also, every person has a garantie (dont know if that is right written) that the money which they have on their bankaccound is insured for an amound of 20.000 euro, so if you have 15000 euro on your bankaccound and that bank will go broke, you still get your 15.000 euro back from our goverment, thats why most people who have alot of money use different banks. We pay all kind of taxes in holland, we have tons of insurrances, some we are forched to have by the goverment. Sure i know that this will hit europe also, hell its already going on, but i am not afraid that i will loose my money or so.We are just a small country.
stuveltje is offline   Reply With Quote