View Single Post
Old 2009-05-04, 06:38 PM   #10
nate
I can now put whatever you want in this space :)

I didnt say anything bad about them, just that they arent supported for the really high-end 3d cards. I think the macos they have now is pretty cool at least in theory, I mean, it is unix-like. And it runs on Intel CPUs now, which is definitely a plus. I really have nothing but praise for the newer hardware, but I dont much like the company and that used-car-salesman that runs it.

I wish windows was more unix-like so I could have real paths instead of r:\whatever.

Which leads me to a funny story. Last evening I installed Win2ksp4 (which is by no means outdated) on a P133 laptop... and get this, the extra memory had popped out of its holder and the computer was running on 16 MB of ram. It took a while to install, but it did, AND it ran sort of OK after I turned off lots of services. Thats a pretty awesome feat for an OS with the capability of Win2k. Of course, it runs lots better with the other 64MB of RAM shoved back into place.

Edit: as of 2007 it looks like macos is a genuine unix, so I shouldnt have called it unix-like. Thats pretty cool.

Last edited by nate; 2009-05-04 at 06:46 PM..
nate is offline   Reply With Quote