View Single Post
Old 2009-06-23, 05:12 PM   #6
nate
I can now put whatever you want in this space :)

One more is ScarySoftware RSS parser. It is not a wp plugin, but you can call it in a text widget. The beauty of it is that you can have lots of them to make each feed you pull with them look different. Its also just a single php file and pretty easy to mess with the php to make it do things other feed agrigators wont do. It caches to plain html in a file named as the base64 version of the feed URL.

Downsides, you have to dick with the php to make it work. For instance, out of the box, if it decides to use the cached version, it outputs the cached version then exit()s. That means no more of your page gets written. I take out the exit() and do else { instead. Also if you want to use the different versions of the file for different feeds on a page, it breaks if all the functions and variables have the same name. I just batch replace $ with $nameoffeed_ in the files to solve that problem, but that isnt optimal I dont think and its a hack. CD34 AKA Sparky could probably tell us how to do it right if he reads this.