View Single Post
Old 2009-12-01, 12:31 AM   #16
whitey
Hey, can you take the wheel for a second, I have to scratch my self in two places at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless Warrior View Post
I don't understand what it is about Liz's comments that you are objecting to. You've effectively said nothing, other than "I disagree," but in a sort of asshole-ish manner.
First off, her comments were akin to a person in the car business, selling cars that never drove them because they were unsafe. I was not disagreeing with "her" so much as comment on her comments.

I have been in quite a few businesses and have little tolerance for people who sell things they either do not believe in or are afraid of themselves.

As far as being "ass-holish", I did apologize for being snarky. I, furthermore, directed my comments at her comments and not her personally. If that is "ass-holish" so be it.

If you think it reflects a professional approach to be in a business that you would never purchase due to fear of being ripped off, then you are entitled to your opinion. I personally do not think it reflects either professionalism or commitment. If I was snarky, it is because many bad experiences both with business partners and employees that had the same approach and felt it was something to be rationalized, and I reiterate my advance aknowledgement to Liz and anyone else for coming off as snarky.

If the issue is one of cross-sales and their impact on our busines, it is both a problem and opportunity from a business standpoint. And, I am all up for those discussions - althought the horse has been repeatedly beaten to death and devolves into bitch fests rather than the business opportunity the present - namely establishing trust with your surfers so that they do not fear a repetition of the same event with the site that you are selling.