View Single Post
Old 2010-03-04, 11:34 AM   #3
DIVAD3
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

Send a message via ICQ to DIVAD3
Thanks for your response Mark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6188 View Post
Like $_POST('xxxxx') would be $_POST('mark6188')?

You don't put the data in the $_Post. You put the variable name.

So in your input form you would put the field 'user' and in the database it's called 'username'.

Hence you would set up the form with
<input type="text" name="user" id="user" />
<input type="text" name="pw" id="pw" />

let's say I put in your form where user=mark6188 and pw=abc123

Then do the insert query
$q = "insert into dbUser ('username', 'password') values ($_POST['user'], $_POST['pw'] )";

Good Morning Mark and thankyou for responding. I was replying to what you said whe you were on line earlier and hit enter to move down a line. And my browser closed right out on me. so I am sorry I missed you.

If I am to understand you correctly. You are inplying that I should be adding a form as you have indicated in the above statement. However this script was written in such a way to only reconize one database user for the time being. so that is what I am trying to get it to do.

The tutorial is here: http://www.trap17.com/index.php/php-...ial_t7887.html

I understand if you don't have time to check this simple formated script out. But I am sure that if you were to check it out it would be esy for you to see what it is that needs to be done. I get what your getting at above though and it makes sense to me. But I just don't know if its necessary to be adding this form outside of what the sites is giving driection to be doing to have it work porperly. Soner or later it will click in my dense head. I am on some heavy meds just now for a herniated disc I am having removed on the 19th of this months. so I am in a fog with my thinking. But it will hit me out of the blue as to what I am doing wrong upto this point.

Thanks again!
DIVAD3 is offline   Reply With Quote