View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 12:25 PM   #1
the New Shemp
Oh! I haven't changed since high school and suddenly I am uncool

Shemp.com sold ...

Hi everyone,

I want to announce the sale of my largest site, Shemp.com to adultwebmasternet.com

Shemp.com went online in November of 1998 and we have rarely missed a daily update since that time.
We hit the billion mark of unique visitors a few years ago and i stopped counting after that.
Some 1660 webmasters have had private submit accounts with us and a very diverse group it is,
from Luc Lonley (that's my one namedrop) to some of todays top players in our business.

Shemp.com stills turns a profit, not like the glory years, but a decent amount considering todays business environment.

I would like to thank my submitters, advertisers, trading partners,
hosts, former employees and contract workers, for their support and loyalty.
We set the bar pretty high for a free site.

There will be some loose ends to clean up:

Traffic Trades -
Please contact the new owners as the site will continue to trade traffic.

Prepaid Gallery Submitters and Advertisers -
I will be refunding money to you on a pro-rated basis, so you get paid back for the days left unused in your accounts. The same system will be used to refund prepaid advertisers.

Email -
The "*@shemp.com" emails, can no longer be used to reach me, so please use "shemp/at\usa.net"

As for me personally, I am not leaving the business. I still have many sites and
i just may acquire some new ones in the very near future. In the past, i have turned down offers to work for programs, maybe this time I will be a little more open to them. I certainly will have more time on my hands now.

I wish the new owners much success with Shemp.com

best regards,

Rob
the New Shemp is offline   Reply With Quote