View Single Post
Old 2004-10-20, 03:09 AM   #19
zel
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

Send a message via ICQ to zel
Well, i will throw my 2c in.

I dont run a link list or anything.

From a free site builders POV:

HTML table recips are fine, i like them more than those picture buttons for a reason, that they have text - and that text gets spidered by SEs. Say, i have a lesbian site, and i have lesbian ad at the top, and then, there are a bunch of recips, which are leading to lesbian pages on LLs - that makes MY page more relevant to lesbians, and hence i have more chance of getting higher position for lesbian terms.
I put 8 recips per page, and that does not make me uncomfortable.

What do i hate about HTML table recips? Well, not them exactly, more like lazy webmasters (LL owners), who cant do their job right, and make a correct copy-paste html in their boxes. Since i make sites in different niches, i have to make a diferent recip tables, now and then, and WHY for heavens sake, after i paste the code into my page i have to hunt around for bugs? Is that too difficult to run a validator over it, so you know that everything is OK? Recently i have been emailing LLs and letting them know about the errors, hopefully, that will not be the issue after some time.

One more thing i hate - when niche is a niche too far. Ok, all of LLs have categoreis and such, but what is the reason for having a gazzillion of categories? I think main 50 or so are more than enough! I hate when i have to scroll few kilometres down the page just to find the right recip, and then few kilometres more on submit page.

Other than that - im fine with everything, unless it takes half of my page. The best recip i have ever seen (for TGP) - it was like 500x350 or something animated gif with a filesize over 300kb |ohhhhh|
zel is offline   Reply With Quote