View Single Post
Old 2010-05-30, 02:37 AM   #10
LB
I want to set the record straight - I thought the cop was a prostitute

Send a message via ICQ to LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless Warrior View Post
Submitters are no longer a dime a dozen. Maybe they never were, but we certainly used to act that way, didn't we? We have to admit, Bill - even Tommy - warned us that our prick-ish policies made it not worth being a free site submitter. Now that conversions have turned to shit, the submitters have no good reason stick around.
I think for this day and age, and for the fairly small traffic we get back, its just not worth jumping through the hoops anymore. I had a go at freesite submitting again for say 20 or so freesites, and doing a check of the rules, virtually nothing has changed. I did notice it was a little easier to get a freesite approved by many LL's, but still had those who were just nitpicky (I was 2 pixels under the pixel count for one .. seriously .. not approving it was just a prickish move).

Rules for the sake of rules will always come back to bite you, and judging by submits on most ll's submitters have largely gone to other things. I can see the value of ll submitting, but the whole ll model needs to reinvent itself first. That being said I think I will still submit from time to time just for the SE benefit
LB is offline   Reply With Quote