View Single Post
Old 2007-09-17, 07:50 PM   #14
BOONESTOONS
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepGuy View Post
Aaah Boone One of the ways this industry, as all industries police themselves is through law. If you are libeled (as a for instance) and that costs you money and the guilty party refuses to aid in reversing the effects of their libel on your income, why wouldn't you sue? It's everyone's right outside the biz to do so, why would we inside the biz exclude ourselves from legal recourse?

I find your opinion to be a little confusing coming from a highly regarded legal expert cartoonist
Sheep I don't mean to be confusing but if I give out too much, the enemy will use it against you and the others.

Let's just say libel and adult don't always go so well. There are however alternatives. I've had to drop the hammer on a half dozen or more adult webmasters with the libel shit. What happens is that while under investigation it's always found out they're also dealing dope or some other criminal shit so you have to take a backseat to the authorities who can monitor them for years collecting evidence, watching the boards they troll, inspecting owners, associates etc. If you get libeled by some asshat retard and crash him in court you fuck up the investigation.
BOONESTOONS is offline   Reply With Quote