View Single Post
Old 2014-05-31, 12:30 PM   #10
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchi View Post
Incidentally, PR wise, in a case like this you should not be relying on people like Useless Warrior and HC-Majick to post "unsolicited" testimonials (particularly since the fact that one of them has not posted since last year, makes the post look decidedly "solicited"). What you should have done, as soon as you had fixed Ms Naughty's problem, was look into why you never received her support ticket, fix that problem then come back here and post, saying what the fault was, how you have fixed it, how you have insured that it will never happen again, and be very contrite and apologetic. (NB "how and what", don't just say "it is fixed it won't happen again" otherwise many people won't believe you).
Ecchi, dude, what the hell is your deal? Why this tangent? From a PR point of view, you're coming off as a real dick.

Read what Dan has posted. He didn't fix any issue because he hasn't been made aware of any. When I saw this thread the other night, I clicked through to Ms. Naughty's site and it was up and running. Why does he need to post a mea culpa? He expressed his concern and caring - quite literally. Why was this not enough for you?
Quote:
Also, add me on ICQ if you use it, I'll help everyway I can. M3 cares about you and your sites
As far as unsolicited testimonials (I have no idea why you chose to put unsolicited in quotes), what the hell is your point? I wasn't even aware of M3 until I saw this thread, so I checked them out. And, since I am going to need space to grow in the coming months, I checked out their VPS plans. They look good, so I said so. No one asked me to post that. I wouldn't go out of my way to bash a board sponsor, as you appear to be doing, nor would I compliment them in a genuine way unless I had experience with them. If Greenie had asked me to post an "unsolicited" testimonial, which he wouldn't do, it would have been something much more substantial than a thumbs up to M3's VPS plans.

And why does it matter that HC-Majick hasn't posted in more than a year? You can be so weird sometimes. A LOT of people lurk the board, yet never post because they feel as if they have nothing to offer to the discussion. They aren't like you and I. We'll give our opinions about anything, no matter how little we may know.

I have no horse in this race, but I feel like you are attacking me for commenting their hosting plans, and now HC because he complimented the services they had provided him in the past. Sometimes, I just don't get you.

Last edited by Useless; 2014-05-31 at 12:33 PM..
Useless is offline   Reply With Quote