View Single Post
Old 2005-02-06, 12:19 PM   #9
MadMax
"Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes" ~ Satan

Location: Motor City, baby, where carjacking was invented! Now GIMME THOSE SHOES!
Hey Bill,

One thing I've notice when reviewing your sites is that you always use Times New Roman as a font. That isn't the most friendly font for web page design, and can be hard to read. Also, on some of the sites you're using a text color that's very close to the background color, so anyone who's colorblind might not even be able to see the text and it doesn't jump off the page enough.

I also agree that you tend to overcompress your images, which makes them less appealing to surfers. Remember that while the sponsor has to close the deal, the sale starts on your free site so what the surfer is seeing should be priming them for the sponsor to finish the sale. Nasty Dollars is promoted by 1000s of webmasters, so if you need to use sponsor content you may want to consider using a smaller sponsor whose free content hasn't saturated the market so extensively.

Top Bucks is currently your best converting sponsor at 1:1000, so I'd start with them and see how you can streamline and improve your site designs to increase conversions. 1:1000 isn't enough to make you dance, but on freesite traffic it isn't awful either.

Try promoting some other niches...teen, milf and such can be hard to make any cash on because they're promoted so extensively by so many people. Try picking a fetish or two and promoting those for a while to see how you do.

Hope some of this helped.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote