View Single Post
Old 2021-11-19, 09:00 AM   #6
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
Art, I think that booster recommendation is pretty much global just to be on the safe side. We had Pfizer here, but not until the end of August. No boosters for us until late February.

I have a sinking feeling we are heading back into lockdowns, mainly because about 20% of the adults here refuse to vaccinate (including healthcare workers!). Kids under 12 are also the big spreaders but are not in the percentages yet because they are not eligible for the vaccines. They have been letting the restaurants and bars stay open if they check COVID passports, but too many are not bothering so that may well be taken away. They are just stopping short of mandates here, but that is being talked about more and more often. What they are doing is hitting us with logic. One tidbit - each person hospitalized with COVID needs 6 people to care for them, and those without vaccinations are 33 times more likely to end up in the ICUs.

We have a rainy/snowy/rainy/windy weekend here, so I am just going to snuggle in and work... The Husband will be visiting his parents tomorrow and taking his mom for her cataract surgery on Monday. Let the party begin!