View Single Post
Old 2007-10-11, 12:40 PM   #1692
Jab
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

Send a message via ICQ to Jab
If I may air my frustration for a sec..

Link-o-rama.com is incredibly hard to get listed on. I know, it's your site and you have to draw the line somewhere etc, but you have to realize that only the oldtimers will be able to walk this thin red line.

This last time the reason was "template overused", which seems funny because (to my knowledge) only *one* submission of mine has ever been accepted at link-o-rama.com... which used another template. And no, I'm not an amateur. Never had any complaints or problems at any other site/service, paid or otherwise.

So I redid the template and resubmitted.

"Template overused". Darn I forgot to change the galleries' colors. My bad.

This time I made an entirely new design, with a new layout, new texts, different pageflow, the works, and resubmitted.

"Connection issues". Well. The freesite is on a fast dual-core dual-cpu server with a low load avg. The only thing hosted on another server is the recip on the galleries. So I guess that must've been lagging at the time (logs show stats were running).

So I resubbed again - this time with a comment as I feared the reviewer was getting less and less amused by my persistence

"Template is overused".

Hum. This template has never been seen before (apart from rejecting it just before). It's completely different from anything I've ever subbed - up to and including fonts and warning texts.

I'm at my wits end. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the free submissions, don't expect any "level of service" and certainly don't doubt the honesty of the reviewers.

Question 1: If reviewers dislike the content (sex with older men - nothing dodgy though - not even remotely), will they just say so, instead of sending you off at a wild goose chase?

Question 2: Is it good practice to try and remedy a "rejection reason" and resubmit?

Question 3: Is link-o-rama.com worth my while? I've been trying to find out, but, well, can't get anything listed.

Thanks for listening.