View Single Post
Old 2019-02-19, 09:37 AM   #3
ArtWilliams
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to ArtWilliams
Good morning.

Unlike Ramster, I am paying attention!

My favorite band is Electric Light Orchestra and has been even before I went to see them at the Canadian National Exhibition in 1978 (with Meatloaf as the opening act). At the time it was Canada's biggest concert with almost 70,000 in attendance. Great show! They were almost at the height of their fame.

Fast forward almost 40 years. My wife and I planned a trip to Amsterdam in 2016 because she's always wanted to see tulips fields in bloom. Coincidentally, Jeff Lynne's ELO was playing there while we were away and I decided to spend some cash and get the best tickets I could. Woo who! I've never seen a concert from row 8 and it was absolutely fantastic. Despite being an old (almost 70?), Lynne continues to have an excellent voice. The band was completely different but then Lynne was always ELO. Virtually all the songs were written and produced by him. He played all the ELO hits and a few Traveling Wilburys too. So my 2016 ELO concert is my favourite.

Yesterday, was a regional holiday (observed by many provinces) so I did nothing productive. I am looking at my "to do" folder to see what's on my plate.

Have a great day!

Last edited by ArtWilliams; 2019-02-19 at 09:44 AM..
ArtWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote