View Single Post
Old 2005-05-21, 01:46 PM   #5
Kinky
HEY NOW!

Location: in the Matrix Glitching on an Endless Loop. Loop. Loop. Loop. Loo
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut
When I was working for the DOD we had a guy who had CP on his box. Well the state police and the FBI and the DOD CID all came to the location. It was a crazy thing cause by law we had to protect the guy's privacy to the computer. I mean we got around it really fast with making things easy for the other departments to get warrents etc. Long story short I would try to pin point down as much as you can from the mail (ip, header info etc) if you contact AOL you are going to be shit out of luck. They dont know anything about IT. Yes even there upper level server managers etc. But If you can get an IP and trace it back to which node it came from for AOL. Go to the FBI's site, and that states "state police" look for the IT departments and forward them everything you have. They have the resources to combat this. Or at least they will help the asacp in getting more detail for AOL. Aol is required by law to not allow them to get any customers info unless they are very very specific in there requests. They have to right the COR (Custodian of Records) with the request. It has to be notorized and can only be sent directly to that person. It can not be send to say Attn: record keeping department. It has to go to Attn; Joe Blow (head of COR). Once he touches it then the government can move on this issue. Its allot harder then most people think to stop this. The government, like i stated before has so many laws protecting people that even when there is a huge amount of proof they still can just fuck it up by not taking 1 proper step. I know. I was in the system and it sucked. Jugg..
thanks for the info Jugg... this isn't aimed at you at all but your post really pisses me off to no end... all these fucking hypocrites trying to rid the world of "obscenity" and it is next to impossible to report anything that is actually illegal.... what a fucking joke