View Single Post
Old 2012-01-18, 11:35 PM   #8
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
A hosted copy of the script? So if we were to link, it's to "hosted copy of the script"?
It would run and appear like any other web site on the net. For example, if I was willing to host the script, which doesn't yet exist, the owner of the domain would update his/her nameservers to that of my beloved host, Colo-cation. They would tell me the domain name, I'd add it in my control panel, then upload the script to the new domain. For each domain name, I'd simply upload another copy of the script and prepare another database. Or, if others would be willing to host a few, they'd upload the script to their hosting account.

So, if the spare domain was fubar.com, you'd link to fubar.com. We could create dozens of these across multiple hosts and link them together, and work some other SEO strategies as well.

If I could afford a bunch of domain names, I'd do it myself, but I have no budget whatsoever. I'll create the script if it sounds like people are interested and have some ideas for the project.

Last edited by Useless; 2012-01-18 at 11:38 PM..
Useless is offline   Reply With Quote