View Single Post
Old 2009-12-22, 06:41 AM   #7
Simon
That which does not kill us, will try, try again.

Send a message via ICQ to Simon Send a message via AIM to Simon Send a message via Yahoo to Simon
I absolutely agree that being able to select the exact 30 seconds that will work best for a particular niche is important. I just don't see a problem with using longer clips when they work very well in some instances.

For example, some people like using gallery pages with two or more 30-second clips, while others prefer to use one longer FLV clip per page instead of multiple shorter clips. With this tool someone can create several good 30-second clips and can then put all of those clips on the same page, but they can't make that one longer clip from those shorter clips.

If you never test using longer clips you may not ever find out how well or poorly they perform on your traffic. It's not just tube sites that need longer videos, and really, for a legal tube site to do well, two minutes is a pretty short clip. There are blogs, hubs and other kinds of landing pages and gallery pages where a clip longer than 30-seconds can do a lot to raise conversions.

I do think it's a very good idea, having a tool that allows webmasters to select the exact part of a video they want to use. I just want more sponsors to realize that short video clips are not all we need to promote a site/program. And I'm hoping that HotMovies will eventually decide to offer a way to create the kind of longer clips that some webmasters have found to be more effective with their traffic and methods of marketing.