View Single Post
Old 2018-11-29, 03:20 PM   #5
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
Oh, that sounds like shades of our dishwasher, Greenie. When we bought this house, there was a tiny toy-like dishwasher that worked well at first, then died. I have been handwashing everythink for over a year. Well, the inlaws said they wanted to buy a dishwasher for us for Christmas. Very cool, right? Husband had measured the cabinet space earlier, and without a single word to me, ordered the new dishwasher. It was too big for the cabinet area. His solution? Cut that one cabinet away from the string of cabinets. There is still one on each side, right? Well, there is a rather large stainless steel countertopthat was resting on that particular cabinet. They chopped it all out and slid the new dishwasher in. There is now a nice 2" gap between the top of the dishwasher and sagging countertop (which sags a bit more each day) Husband said he planned it all, and then looked shocked when I showed him the now-messed up countertop. I am getting used to this large dishwasher I guess. It's nice, but way too big for just 2 of us. I either do half loads every 3 or 4 days, or wait for a week. I had absolutely no say over what we were getting. (Evil part - we are out of clean coffee cups for breakfast in the morning. The dishwasher isn't even half full. I am saying nothing... )

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I can't win...